Kill or be killed

(Y/n pov)

We arrive back at Alexandria with the food reluctantly given to us by Gregory, Rick scratching his neck repeatedly as if nervous about the battle we're gonna have to fight. As soon as I step out of the RV Rick announces something like "we'll talk to everyone at the church". I look around before I start heading to the church passing the shallow dug grave of one 'sam Henderson'

Everyone gathered in the church with me and my brother sitting at the front left benches and everyone else near the back of the church. "And we can work with the hilltop. Maggie hammered out a deal. We're getting food, eggs, butter, fresh vegetables" Rick says in a speech-like tone. I zone out midway through, looking at the stained glass windows of the church. I faintly hear Rick and Morgan get into an argument listening to phrases such as "we have to come for them before they come for us".

I just keep my hand on the side of my chin while Rick persuades the people of Alexandria to kill these self-named "saviours". By the end, everyone agrees with Rick and quietly exits the church to return to their homes. I also return to mine and Daryl's shared home passing Carol talking to Tobin on the porch of a house. I arrive at my house and quickly start packing the essentials, extra clothes, crossbow bolts and other such things.

KNOCK KNOCK

I turn around to see Daryl at my door with some rolls of paper in his hand. "Hey, Rick told me to give these to you, see if you can spot any gaps In the plan." I gently take them from his hand and unroll them looking at the blue-marked buildings and red-pointed arrows indicating the guard's positions.

"Thanks, Daryl Ill look at them now and tell you anything important tomorrow," I say reviewing the plans but my brother just stands In the middle of my doorway staring at me. "Anything else?" I question.

"Yeah. I don't want you to go tomorrow." I immediately looked from the plans to him while still giving him a neutral look.

"Well tough shit I'm going," I respond pleading my case calmly. This resulted in Daryl giving a more angry/frustrated expression. "I'm more useful there than I am here and don't make up some bullshit like it's no place for a kid cause it's not your decision" Daryl quickly walks out of my doorway and my room clearly pissed from the short conversation

that we just had.

(Time Skip)

I ride on my bike with Ricks's RV to my left side. Rosita chose to ride with me cause of some argument with Abraham this morning but I didn't much care seen as that was the least of our problems right now. Eventually, the RV turns on its hazard lights before stopping in the middle of the road I do the same and get off my bike.

"Aaron, rosita you start here. We'll peel off every quarter mile, and meet back here in a couple of hours. See what we got." Rick says as he exits the RV. I unload my Crossbow at the back of my bike and put a bolt into its drawstring while following Glenn and Keith north.

I plunge two of my knives into a walker before pulling them out and doing the same to the one next to Glenn. While I was looking over the plans I saw a mistake in our approach already, see we were going to bluff our way into distracting the guard with a guy that tried to attack us from the Hilltop. Instead, I recalled them needing Gregory's head to rescue the now dead man's brother. This leads us just to kill walkers who look like Gregory for more leverage.

I hear Glenn and Keith have a deep conversation about killing people and how tough it is meanwhile I'm trying to cut at the walker's neck to behead its body. (Totally regular day in the town of Belair) Anyway, we return to where the RV is stationed and listen to Ricks's plan of action.

"We're gonna take a look around, try to get a feel for how many are in there. We like how it looks we go in. A couple of hours before dawn. The guards outside will be tired. Everyone inside will be sleeping. We don't kike what we see, we head back, and make a new plan. They don't know who we are. We'll keep Jesus in the shadows... This is how we eat. We roll out at midnight" Rick says as he walks back into the RV with carol following him close behind with an annoyed expression.

(time skip)

We're just outside the compound listening to the commands of the two Saviours directed towards Eddie, the hilltop guy who is helping us. They seem to buy the walker's head as one of them enters the building while the other stares at Eddie while whistling a tune. Daryl quickly comes up behind him and slits his throat and then knives his brain. Most of us quickly run over and hide the body and run back to our respective places. Eventually, the other saviour returns with the Hilltop brother and says something like. "I found dickwad number 2" but before he can continue michonne buries her katana into his chest and then his head.

I enter the compound first crossbow drawn with the group just behind. Someone touches my shoulder and I turn my head to see rick handing me an automatic rifle. I quickly strap my crossbow to my back and take it while continuing ton with our position. "Check the doors. Find the arsenal." Rick whispers so everyone can hear. "We take them out"

I nod and follow him into a door at the end of the hallway while the others minus Michonne and Daryl go separate ways. Rick slowly gets down on his knee and stabs a sleeping saviour in the head. I do the same with a little difficulty. Even though they are sleeping it is still just as bad.

BLING
BLING
BLING

Suddenly an alarm goes off throughout the building I quickly get up and aim my rifle at my front while exiting the room with Rick.

BANG BANG BANG

A loud ringing filled my ears as I narrowly missed a bullet to the head. I swiftly dive into cover to the left while Rick opens fire on my attackers killing them all in one magazine. "Go!" he shouted to me, Daryl and Michonne and we move up running down the hallway in formation.

Rick comes to a stop by the corner as he dodged a predicted bullet by another saviour. Daryl and Michonne move up to cover staying in a blind spot from the saviour while Rick blindly fires. I get an idea and wait for the Saviour to finish shooting before rushing at him at full speed tackling him to the ground and spraying bullets into his torso at point-blank range.

Then silence. No gunshots. No alarms. No nothing. Eventually, we find the others and we all stay together as we exit through the backdoor. I quickly cover my eyes not expecting to see the clear blue sky and beaming sunlight shoot into my eyes. We all lower our weapons knowing we did it and that it's finally over.

Some of us say our goodbyes to Tara and Keith as they take the RV on their two-week supply run. While we stand outside the compound discussing our next move. But before anyone can say anything, the engine of a motorcycle fills my ear and I turn around to see a saviour on the Daryls 'lost' bike and trying to drive off.

I swiftly unstrap my crossbow and aim down the iron sights following him with it before squeezing the trigger and piercing the man in his left shoulder. He loses balance and falls off the bike, I drop my crossbow and run over putting my knee on his chest before repeatedly smashing my fist across his face. "Where'd you get the bike!?" I screamed before striking him again. Rick came up behind me and aimed his revolver at the man.

"Just do it!" he screams at Rick. "Like you did everyone else, right?" but before Rick could question the man a woman's voice appeared on his radio.

"Lower your gun, prick," it said aggressively. Rick looked around but didn't heed its command. "You with the colt Python. All of you lower your guns right now." I get off of the man, retrieve my crossbow then load another bolt then aim it at the tree line. All while rick picks up the walkie-talkie and speaks into it.

"Come on out. Let's talk" he says calmly

"We're not coming out, but we will talk." the woman responds. "We've got a Carol and a Maggie. I'm thinking that's something you want to chat about

Hope you enjoyed this chapter of a tale of y/n Dixon and I hope you enjoy the rest of your morning/day/evening. good morning, good evening and good night.

(1,537 words)