Rock In The Road

(3rd pov)

"No! No way in hell. That was not the deal!"

Gregory paced back and forth while looking at Rick leaning on his desk, everyone else was spread out around the room with you in the back corner with your arms crossed.

"You people swore you could take the Saviours out, and you failed. So any arrangement we had now is done. Null and void, all right? We aren't trading partners, we aren't friends, and we never met. Hmm. I owe you nothing in fact you owe me for my bravery-"

"Oh, you were very brave while Maggie and Sasha saved this place. Your courage was inspiring." Jesus interrupts sarcastically which makes Gregory repulse in confusion.

"Hey, don't you work for me? Aren't we friends?" Gregory tilts his head while Rick stands up from leaning and begins to speak.

"Gregory, we already started this."

"You did."

"We did!" Rick raises his voice louder than before. "And we're gonna win. Is this how you want to live? Under their thumb, killing your people?"

"S-Sometimes we don't get to choose what our life looks like. Sometimes, Ricky, you have to count the blessings you have."

Rick moves away from the desk with his head in his hands while Maggie steps forward. "How many people can we spare? How many people here can fight?"

Gregory scoffs. "'We'. I don't even know how many people we have, Margaret. And does it even matter? I mean what are you gonna do start a platoon of sorghum farmers? Cause that's what we got, they grow things. They're not gonna want to fight."

"You're wrong." Tara takes her hands out of her pockets and moves forward. "When people have the chance to do the right thing, they usually step up. I mean people just-"

"Let me just stop you before you break into song, okay? And by the way, who would train all this canon fodder?"

"I will."

"Give me a week."

Sasha and Rosita both respond at the same time. "Rhetorical, okay? I don't want to know. I never want to hear another word about it, ever."

Rick pulls down his hands and speaks loudly once again. "Would we be better off without the Saviours, yes or no?" Gregory nonchalantly waves his arms about.

"Yeah, sure, okay." Michonne moves next to Rick.

"So what will you do to fix the problem?"

"I didn't say we had a problem. You did. And what happens outside of my purview is outside my purview." Gregory sits down in his chair and spins in it.

"What the hell man? You're either with us or you ain't. Your sitting over there speaking out of both sides of your mouth." You say with your voice still scratchy from the lack of water from the Saviours.

"I think I've made my decision clear. And I want to thank you all for not being here today and not having this meeting with me or being seen on the way out. In other words, go out the back."

You push off the bookcase you were leaning backwards on roughly which causes some of the books to land on the floor before walking out of the wooden double doors and everyone follows.

"That guy is an asshole," Rosita exclaims when the doors are shut and we all stand in the lobby-like room.

"Yeah, well, we don't need him anyway," I respond to which Rick nods.

"Yeah. 'Cause, we have Maggie, Sasha and Jesus here." The front doors open as Maggie continues Rick's sentence.

"And... Enid." Enid moves forward and motions for everyone to come out.