Chapter 3

~~~

I came back downstairs after what happened with Asher. That's just me, that's the way I am. I make them think that they have a chance with me and then...destroy them.

Seduce and destroy is my motto forever.

I walked to the bar and saw Samuel sitting alone, too deep in his thoughts while looking down at his drink.

"Hey babe, what are you doing here alone?" I asked and hugged him from the back, putting my chin on his shoulder.

He stiffened and sighed. "It's nothing."

I knew Samuel too well enough to know that he is lying. I just didn't know what has gotten into him, he was so happy earlier.

"Sam," I said and sat down on the chair next to him. "What's going on, baby? You know that I'll always listen to whatever is bothering you."

He gave me a small smile and patted my back. "Don't worry, I just have something on my mind. Enjoy your party babe, I don't want to ruin anything. We'll talk tomorrow, okay?" He said and placed a kiss on my cheek.

I just nodded and pressed my lips in a thin line. He walked away and I finished his glass of whiskey. I don't drink very often but tonight...I need it.

~

My birthday party ended, the weekend went by so fast that with a snap of my fingers, it was Monday. Perhaps me hating half of the people that attended my party, I really had a great time.

"And it's done!" I announced when I plastered the last poster on the wall.

I had a big thing going on, I wanted to encourage the people from college to donate hair to the children who have cancer. I already did last month so I was like "Why not make posters for this and motivate people to donate?"

My and my family always organize a few charities in a year. Since we were wealthy, why not help others?

I wanted to make this movement available for everyone. You don't need a lot of money to donate hair to those sweet children fighting with this awful disease.

"Miss Campbell, can you come to my office, please?" The principal called me, I fought the urge to roll my eyes at him.

"Of course." I said with a fake smile and followed him to his office.

Ew, he smelled like sweat and cigarettes. He was this bald, grumpy, old, fat man.

"I want those posters off the walls in the next few hours."

"No."

He gritted his teeth and slammed his fist on the desk. "I'm the principal and I say the rules."

"I'm Adeline Campbell and I'm not taking them off. It's nothing inappropriate or unfitting, it's about donating hair to ill kids. I don't see anything bad here Mr. Principal."

He took a deep breath and started massaging the left side of his chest. "I don't care."

"But-" I tried protesting even if I felt that I crossed my line with my principal. I knew that my behavior was very rude but I couldn't help it when I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong with sticking those posters on the walls.

"Look, Miss Campbell," he trailed off, taking some steps closer to me. "Your behavior towards me is very boorish, I can say, but we can definitely fix that." He smirked in the most disgusting way.

I pulled my eyebrows down and wrinkled my nose, taking a step back.

Ew...

Ew! Ew! Ew!

"You're- you-" I couldn't even finish my sentence because I literally felt like I was about to throw up.

I ran out of his office and by tomorrow...he was fired.

By my dad.

He had some connections and didn't hesitate to use them.

~

"You've been so depressed since my birthday party, can you please tell me what's going on, baby? Did someone tell you something at the party? If yes, please tell me who it is, I will literally-"

Samuel put a popcorn in my mouth, shutting me up. I giggled and ate the popcorn while he still looked very unhappy. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Tell me, please." I said again and took his hand in mine.

"My family is coming over next week."

Samuel's parents has been living in Monaco for the past few years. He stayed here for college but visited his parents often. This time they decided to come here which was surprising. I've met them twice and I can say that they were pretty nice and fun people. He has an older sister, Sofia which is married and has a baby. I attended her wedding while we were dating and everyone treated me so well.

"You don't need to be nervous about that, Sam. They are your parents, I'm sure they missed you and you did too. It'll be good to have them over." I encouraged him.

His face fell to his hands, elbows propped on his knees. Sam stayed like that for good two minutes while I was getting all nervous.

"They- they don't know that I'm gay."

I was taken aback by his statement. But...he once said that they did know.

"What? Really?" I asked all surprised.

"Yes."

"Well- maybe this will be a good chance for you to tell them everything."

He stood up and nervously ran a hand through his hair. "No, this is not a great chance. I have no idea how it'll turn out plus- they don't know that we've broken up."

I froze. I was at loss for words.

"Oh-"

"I know, I know Ada. I'm so sorry, I really didn't know how to tell them so I had to lie." He face-palmed and sat down next to me again. "Fuck, I'm so sorry." He suddenly hugged me.

I accepted and hugged him too. Caressing his back, trying to comfort him. I knew that he was scared, I totally understood him.

"Don't be sorry," I pulled back and cupped his cheeks. "I'll be here, okay? If you want to tell them, I'll support you. Not just tomorrow, not just then but forever, baby."

He smiled as tears filled his eyes. "I know, I know."

After Sam's anxiety calmed down a little bit, I went home. I was worried about this whole situation too. But I won't let him down, I'll be by his side...

Always.

Heyy guys! I hope you're doing good. I want to say a few things: maybe you find these first chapters a lil boring but i just wanted to show Adeline's personality more and add some background story about her. Don't worry, the drama and smut will be here sooner then you think😉🤭