Chapter 31

"So what do you do for a living, Dion?"

"I have my own winery."

Renee smiled and put her palm under her chin. "That's interesting."

Ever since earlier conversation with Samuel, his words definitely made me thought for a minute.

I felt like I was under pressure. Not just my dad and my brother but now also Samuel who took their side. As much as I choose my own path in life, Samuel made me feel like I'm very selfish. So selfish that I only care about my self and won't do anything for my family.

So here I am--on a date with Renee de Foix. Making my dad's last wish come true.

She was a beautiful woman and didn't have that spoiled, bratty personality most of the rich girls had. Renee is an interior designer and has her own studio in Paris. I was kinda impressed that she still decided to have her own career and not depend on her father.

But still...

She wasn't the person I was searching for.

She wasn't that tall brunette with hazel eyes.

That girl who made me crazy over her.

She wasn't Adeline.

And I felt so quilty for thinking about her while I was on a date with someone else and while my nephew was in love with her.

What can I say? I just can't fucking help it. Maybe the first reason why I agreed to this date was because I wanted to forget about her. Fuck that, I can't.

"You're thinking about someone." She said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Sorry, no, I was just-"

"Who is she? May I know?"

Renee smiled at me and looked very interested about what my next words are going to be. She looked like she can read people or maybe I'm too obvious.

"It's nothing, I'm not thinking about anyone." I lied.

Renee raised her brow like she was suspicious of my answer. She raised her glass of white wine and brought it to her lips. "I don't believe you." She said and took a sip.

"I don't think that I should be talking about other women while I'm on a date with you."

She sneered. "Oh I think we both know that we won't be together so why not talk about some real love stuff."

I furrowed my brows and crossed my hands together. "What do you mean by that?" I purposely asked.

"I don't need a man, Dion. I came here since I was bored in LA and I had nothing to do."

Oh...

"Don't get me wrong," she pointed her finger at me. "You're probably the most handsome man I've been with on a date but how can I plan a future with someone who was all over the news a week ago with another woman by his side. And also someone who has been off the whole date, thinking about someone else."