Chapter 21

~~~~

I'm a very simple girl

I'm a very simple girl. Just give me some italian pasta and I would go crazy. The Pasta Puttanesca was the best thing ever, it was too good. My mom---which is half italian, loves to cook this type of food. Oh and let's not forget my fully italian grandma who makes the best pasta and pizza.

I look over at Dion who is enjoying his Lemon Ricotta Pasta. His wine also went very well with the dish. I can say that I absolutely loved this night. Everything was just...perfect.

I guess Dion has an amazing taste in restaurants, decorations and pleasing me. He always finds a way to leave me fascinated. Especially earlier, when he talked about his job so ardent.

"This is so delicious, try some," I said and twirled some of my pasta on my fork and put it in his plate. He was taken aback but quickly chuckled softly.

"Thank you, mon ange."

I didn't wait for him to say that I can do the same so I twirled my fork in his pasta and put it in my mouth. "Mmm, this is also very good."

I like that we started getting to know each other more. Plus, this is just the beginning. I'm sure there are so many traits of mine that he still doesn't know about, same thing went for me. Dion loved control, things that take time, planned things, not the fast and rapid ones. He loved when everything went nice and steady while being under his control. Me on the contrary, liked the fast and quick spontaneous things. I wasn't a person who loved having everything under their control, I would rather have someone else do that while I can enjoy my free-time.

And that's why I think that we are so perfect for each other. I know, it's stupid how I'm thinking so ahead of things. Maybe I should just stop and let our destiny decide. At the end of the day, I believed in that shit. I believe that one day, the perfect person for me will magically show up and I would know that it's him. Right now I should just stop over thinking and enjoy my date with Dion.

"So how long till your fake marriage with Samuel is done?" Dion's question kinda surprised me. It was low key funny how he was suddenly so interested in my fake marriage.

"Till your father dies," I said fastly not even thinking of the consequences of my words. I looked up at Dion with an apologetic expression but he didn't really have a reaction. "Sorry I- I didn't want to sound rough but-"

"It's fine, I'm used to it, I mean we all are. We are ready for his death since his doctor said that there are no chances that he can save him fully."

My eyebrows lowered and I can't lie, hearing Dion talking about his father was sad. I'm sure they are hurting a lot from the inside but try to hide it. My hand covered the top of his as I gave him a reassuring smile. He did the same and grabbed my whole hand in his.