Chapter 18

~~~

As much as I don't enjoy my brother's and his wife's company, they persuaded me to stay for a week in LA

As much as I don't enjoy my brother's and his wife's company, they persuaded me to stay for a week in LA. I said to my self that I have to do it for Samuel, at least. He didn't have the same spark and happy expression as he did before. He looked a little tired and spend most of his time in his room. I wonder what's up with him?

While staying in LA, I couldn't help but wonder what Adeline is doing? Fuck it, I'm getting all obsessed and shit. But what can I say? It's just the way she is so alluring.

The last time we saw each other was in Paris. A week and a few days ago. I had to leave that morning so because I didn't want to wake her up I left her a small note. After that, I haven't heard anything about her. I hate the fact that we are so distant from each other but that's just the way it is. We can't get caught. I also hate the fact that we always have a night stand and never had a proper date so we can get to know each other.

Yeah...I don't even know why I want to know her. To know what she likes, what's her favorite color, food, hobby.

Shit. This ain't good.

"Do you like the dinner, Dion?" My brother's wife-Meredith asked.

"Yes, it's nice. Thank you." I gave her a tiny smile.

Her interest in me didn't go unnoticed by the others. Especially my brother. Meredith always tried to find a way to talk to me, laugh with me, sometimes even touch my arm which as I said, didn't go unnoticed by my brother. I liked to see him angry and powerless but not when his wife is the one trying to seduce me. It was pathetic if I'm being honest.

Everything about them is weird.

Sofia, my other niece has a nice and normal life. Samuel is stuck with this weirdos. And don't get me started on how disgusted I am to be in the same house with these people.

"The Campbell's invited us for dinner."

My brother said and I choked on my drink.

"Sam's-"

"Fiance, yeah." Meredith was quick to interrupt me.

"Oh," I gulped. "That's- good."

Fucking good. Awesome.

"When?"

"Tomorrow night."

I leaned back in my chair and smirked. Tomorrow night. I could feel the excitement rushing through my body.