Chapter 4

~~~

"You convinced Mike not to let me pass his class, right?"

I rolled my eyes at Eva's annoying questions.

"Yes, I did, because you deserve it. You don't care about his class, Eva. You don't even touch your books while I put all my hard work in this college. So, please, if you think that by fucking the professors you'll be bettet then me...you won't. Don't get your hopes up." I blowed her a kiss and walked away from her.

Earning a few whistles from the college's lame jocks, I didn't even spare them a glance. My Versace satin mini skirt was enough to make them go crazy.

Thank you Donatella.

I walked in my French class which was my favorite, for sure. I'm very good at it. I find French a really beautiful language, and sexy, it's perfect to seduce a handsome and hot man. I mean, I don't learn it to impress a man, I love it because I enjoy speaking it and it makes me feel confident when I act like I'm in a french movie in front of my mirror.

"Bonjour professeur." (Hello professor).

"Bonjour Miss Campbell, please have a sit."

I listened and sat down on my spot. Samuel isn't in college today, he said that he has an awful headache. My heart hurt from seeing him so worried and stressed to tell his parents about everything. If me being there, still acting like his girlfriend, is enough to make him feel a little bit more relaxed...I'm willing to do that.

As long as Sam is happy.

~

I was dressed in a lilac, satin, cami dress which went well with my make up and high heels. My hair was in a tight bun and I wore a ball chain silver choker around my neck.

I let out a deep breath that I was holding.

Yesterday, Sam's parents arrived. They stayed in his house and today they wanted all of us to go out for dinner.

I'm so nervous.

I don't know how will they react to Sam's coming out, will they be angry? Surprised? Supportive?

I just hope for the best.

"So how have you been, Adeline?"

"I've been good, just, you know, busy with college." I smiled while cutting a piece of steak and placing it inside my mouth.

Samuel was nervously bouncing his leg so I grabbed his forearm and whispred to his ear. "Calm down, everything will be fine."

I continued my conversation with his parents which thankfully didn't include our relationship with Sam. We talked mostly about college, my plans for the future.

"I'm so glad that Samuel has a girlfriend like you, Adeline. You're perfect." His mom said with a sweet smile.

I forced a smile and awkwardly took a sip of my wine.

"While we are on that topic, we have something very important to discuss with you," his dad said. Making us even more nervous. "I- I feel really bad about this but it must be said."

Me and Sam looked at each other with a confused expression. What the fuck is going on...?

"I know that you guys have been in a relationship for quit a long time, and as we can see, you are very happy with each other." Oh if only you knew. "You know Adeline, I don't know if Samuel ever told you this but my father is a part of a Royal family in Monaco which existed a long time ago. His father actually, was the last King of that family. We inherited a lot of casinos, hotels, different businesses...but with one condition."

I gulped. I knew about Sam's wealthy family but I never knew that they were royals.

His dad leaned forward on his chair and took a deep breath. "Marriage."

I widened my eyes in shock.

"What?" Samuel muttered.

"I know, I know that this is very shocking for you guys but-"

"Dad, what are you talking about? What does marriage have to do with this?" Sam balled his fists in anger.

"Samuel, please let me explain," his dad tried to calm us down. "Look, I totally understand that you two are very young and don't think about marriage, maybe you'll never want to do it. However, we need this to happen. Your grandpa threatened us, Samuel. He said that he wants to see you settled down, he doesn't want to leave his belongings to someone who doesn't have a promising future. We must understand him, he lived in a royalty. Getting married at young age is normal for him."

My anxiety is over the roof.

They want us to get married.

At just twenty?!

Gosh, I can't.

My fast breathing didn't went unnoticed by his parents. "Adeline, please calm down, okay? Let me tell you my plan and I'll leave you to process everything and then decide."

His mom patted my hands as a sign of reassurance. All I could do is nod.

"If a marriage doesn't happen, we will be left with nothing. We will go bankrupt."

"Dad, I'm-"

My breath hitched knowing what exactly was about to come out of Sam's mouth. But it never happened...

"Sam, please let me talk," he said and Sam just lowered his head. "As I was saying, I offer you a fake marriage. Just a few months till my father dies. After that, you two can do whatever you want. You can stay in this marriage or do whatever your faith brings you."

My reaction was unfazed but the feeling in my heart was insane.

A few months...that wasn't a big problem for me. I would do this if that means family Garcia living a better life.

But the problem is Samuel.

What about his feelings? How can he do this? I'm so worried about him. He couldn't even tell his parents that he is gay.

"We'll leave you to think about this offer and hopefully you'll give as a right answer."

Sam didn't even spare a glance at his parents. They said something to themselves and stood up, leaving me and Sam alone on the table.

"Fuck. What will we do now?" Sam tightened his grip on his hair then ran a hand through his face.

I patted his back. "Everything will be fine, Sam. I'm willing to do this just for few months, okay? I don't want us to disappoint your parents. After those few months, after you guys take all your grandpa's heritage, you'll tell them."

Sam sighed and gulped the whole glass of wine.

"Can you do that?" I asked him.

"I- I guess."

I gave him a smile small and hugged him. We stayed like that for a few minutes till I pulled away.

"Wait- you never told me that you come from a Royal family." I chuckled, trying to cheer him up a little.

"Yeah, I didn't find that very important or fun. You see how it is? It's fucking hell. I was always scared from my grandpa, he's so strict. Honestly, I think that it's good that I didn't come out to my parents. If my grandpa finds out that I'm gay, he'll probably burn me in front of the whole world." He mockingly chuckled.

"Then we'll wait for him to die," I winked at him. Grabbing my glass which was still full of wine, I raised it. "Cheers to our Royal marriage, I guess."