Chapter 17

~~~

He left

He left.

He actually fucking left me in his hotel room. No sight of him. Just an empty room. Even the wardrobe was empty.

It was just me in his bed.

I feel so...humiliated?

Was this a pay back because I left him when we had a night stand? But I had the right to do that, call me selfish and a bitch but I didn't even know who he was. He was a stranger. But I'm not a stranger that he can leave.

Dion will fucking pay for this.

I don't care how handsome and good in bed he is, what he did fucking hurt! I left his room as fast as I could, went to the reception and asked if he left to which they responded with a "yes".

"When?"

"This morning." The girl with short blonde hair responded.

I gritted my teeth and nodded. Whatever, he can do whatever he wants. I caught the first taxi that I saw and after a good ten minutes ride he dropped me in front of my hotel.

If Ms. Nicole sees me, I'm fucking dead.

I put a hand on top of my forehead and tried to get into my room without anyone seeing me. I successfully got into the empty elevator and made my way upstairs. Taking out my key and unlocking the door I was surprised to see an empty room.

Imani is not here too?

Maybe she went downstairs for breakfast or she didn't even come here yesterday. However, I kept in mind that I'll text her after I take a long and well deserved shower.

Showers after sex are the best thing ever. Especially after a good sex. Regardless what Dion did this morning, I can't lie and say that he absolutely took me to cloud 9 yesterday.

Fuck him though. Leaving me without any warning. I don't care, I don't care about him anymore.

~~~

A week later

School was already so exhausting since all the exams started. I had a Chemistry and Physics one today so I had been revising since the morning.

"Hello fiance." Samuel startled me when he kissed my cheek.

"Oh hi, baby."

Samuel looked drained. Bags under his eyes and pale face. He still works at his father's company while also studying, I'm sure it's so hard for him. I want to help him as much as I can but he doesn't want my help. He always lies to me that he's fine but he isn't, I know that.

"Sam, did you sleep well? You look so tired." I caressed his cheek.

He pulled my hand away and sighed. "I'm fine, Ada. Don't worry."

I knew that everything I'm about to say will be in vain so I kept quiet and let him be.

The bell rang and all the students made their way towards class. Me and Sam both had chemistry together so we went into class and sat next to each other. Sam looked stressed, he was twiddling with his thumbs and playing with his pen the whole class. I nudged his elbow to ask him if he needs help with the questions but he shook his head. He gave the teacher an empty test and exited the classroom.

What's happening with him?

Whatever it is, it's worrying me. I was too busy fucking his uncle to care about being Sam's fiance. We had to do something so this whole process can go faster. By that, I don't mean killing his grandpa so they can have the money faster. I mean, having a family dinner or something.

A good chance to see-

No!

Why are you even- Gosh, Adeline.

After school finally ended and I came home and had a nice hot bath. I came downstairs to my family since we planned a movie night. Me and mom shed a few tears at the end of E.T. while dad and Axel didn't even budge.

Men...

"I wanted to ask you guys something." I said putting down the bowl of popcorn that I just finished.

"What is it?" Mom asked while twirling a strand of my hair between her fingers.

"Should we do a family dinner with Sam's family? I think it'll be a great opportunity for us and maybe the whole process of our marriage will go faster."

My dad thought for a second while sipping his whiskey. "It's not a bad idea. But- just- Sam's father is a little bit," he sighed. "Annoying."

A small gasp left my mom's lips. "Elias! Don't be like that."

"What?" He shrugged. "I'm just saying."

I fought the urge to chuckle. The thing is, I got the same opinion. I don't know if it's because of what he did, and what he still does to Sam but I can't say that I like Sam's father. Their father-son relationship seems a little bit weird to me. I guess they aren't very close since Sam is so scared of him and always does what his father tells him to.

Whatever, it's their life. I'm just doing them a favor. I'm just doing it for my best friend.

A.k.a my fuck buddy's nephew.

Oops...