Chapter 32

That night I slept at my nonna's

That night I slept at my nonna's. She tucked me in bed and placed a kiss on my forehead telling me how proud she is of me.

I know that everything is finally over but I can't help it. I cried till I fell asleep. It was too much for my poor heart. All the things those poor girls went through, all the things Samuel went through made my heart clench.

I want my mom. She is the only person that can calm me down when I cry.

And that made me cry even harder because I missed her and it's not even been two days since they left.

Samuel went home and I forgot to call him. I hope nothing bad happened.

I only slept for three hours and when I woke up I saw a message from Samuel saying that we should go in the police station. I didn't tell Nonna because I was so scared that they may arrest her.

What if they find out about Alfio and Vigor's club and see that they're dead? Oh my God what if they had cameras? And they see me and Nonna?

Gosh I'm panicking.

The moment I went inside Samuel's house I didn't expect to see Dion there drinking a cup of coffee. With a white shirt, his sleeves rolled up, black pants and his skin glowing.

He did a double take when he saw me. His eyes trailed down my whole figure and I felt myself blushing.

Why does he always have this effect on me? Why?

The way he stood there, the way he looked so good made some memories come back in my brain and I felt so hot and bothered all of sudden.

Get a grip, Adeline.

"Where is Samuel?" I asked, trying to sound as unbothered as I can.

Dion placed his glass on the counter and grabbed his phone. "He'll be downstairs soon." He said while typing something on his phone.

"Alright."

I made my way to the couch and sat down. A gasp left my mouth when I saw the opposite couch full with blood.

"Oh my God." I whispered to myself.

I felt Dion's gaze on me but I didn't date to turn and look at him.

"Adeline."

Finally. Sam is here to save me from the awkward atmosphere.

"Samuel." I ran to hug him.

This time I felt Dion's gaze who was literally burning in my back. I dared to glance at him from the corner of my eye and saw him clenching his jaw.

Suddenly a crash made me and Samuel both jump out of each others arms and turn around to see Dion's cup of coffee scattered and the drink all over the floor.

"Sorry." He muttered and bent down to pick up the broken pieces.

Samuel grabbed my hands in his. "You are okay, right?"