Chapter 24

And just like that, she left me

And just like that, she left me...again.

Is this like- her thing? Or something?

Whatever it is, it fucking angers me. And disappoints me. And insults me. Did I do something wrong? As I recall, I didn't do anything, nor did I pressure her to do anything. So I have no idea what goes through that girl's mind and why did she left.

Waking up in an empty bed, turned off TV and the blinds fully closed wasn't something that made my morning better. Except the blinds who were closed, I love sleeping in a fully dark room.

It's not like I have a girl next to me who I can kiss or eat out, so I stood up and went to take a shower. After my morning routine, I got dressed in a brown turtleneck and a pair of grey pants. I had to visit my brother today and the thought of it fucked up my day even more. I started it bad, I wonder if it's going to end even worse. I hope not.

"Good morning, brother." I mockingly said.

"Oh good morning, Dion. Please sit." He said and pointed to one of the sofas in his office.

I sat down and looked around his office which was freshly renovated. Whatever, mine is better.

"I need you to sign this documents, please," he said and handed me a pair of papers. "I would be honored."

I frowned in confusion and started reading the papers.

First rule: never sign something without reading it first.

I---Dion Garcia guarantee that I won't object when Pierre Garcia inherits:
- Garcia Palace
- Hotel "Royal Oak"
- Hotel "Garcialux"
- Hotel "De La Spa"
- Hotel "Casa de Monaco"
- Casino "Royal Majesty"
- Casino "King"
- Casino "Royal Angel"
- Stone Cutters Jewelry
- G&Co Industry

Sign here: _______________

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My brother definitely fell to the lowest point in his life. He wants to inherit every single thing from our family. Every. Single. Thing.

I don't need them, I don't want them. But it's so crazy how money greedy Pierre is. It's almost disgusting.

"So, will you sign?" He said and rubbed his palms together.

I just scoffed. "You're so covetous, Pierre. So moneygrabbing and selfish, aren't you?"

Pierre was clearly taken aback by my insults but tried not to let anger get to him. He laughed and started tapping his pen nervously on the table. "Didn't you say that you don't want anything, Dion?"

"I don't. Especially when someone as avaricious as you makes me sign this stupid shit," anger consumed me as I pulled the papers towards me and harshly put my signature there. "Here, enjoy your money." I threw the papers in his reddened face and immediately left his office.

Money hungry bastard.

~~~

Later that evening I went out for dinner and since I didn't have a lot of friends in LA and mostly of them were busy, I went with my driver--Mr. Frederick. He was a 60 year old man with white hair, big belly and short figure, he was very short actually.

"No, no, Mr. Dion. I don't want anything, I'll have a water."

"We're here for dinner, Fred. To have a nice meal, not a glass of water."

"But-"

I stopped him by raising my hand. "It's just dinner."

Fred sighed and wiped his sweaty forehead with a napkin. "Fine, fine. Just because you insisted."

The waiter took our orders as Fred still looked very uncomfortable. He is a nice man but likes to keep things professional, that's why he didn't want me paying for his dinner even if to me-it's not a big deal.

"How is your wife?" I asked while cutting a piece of my salmon. Fred's wife had some health complications and I tried to help them as much as I can. That included paying for her operation and finding a great doctor. But as I said--it's not a big deal for me as long as I helped.

"She's doing very good, Mister Dion. All thanks to you." He said and gave me a smile.

"You mean thanks to your strong wife."

He chuckled and gulped down his class of water. "You're right, she is a fighter."

Fred didn't have anyone except his wife, they don't have kids so they only have each other. As weirdly as it sounds, I feel like he has always looked at me like a son. He has been working for my father for thirty years and when my father made me choose who I would like to be my driver, I proudly said Fred.

He was the one who taught me how to swim, how to ride a bike, how to play football and basketball while my father was doing-- things. I hate when he calls me "Mister" and as many times as I've told him not to call me that, he just doesn't listen.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes, of course Mist-"

"Dion, call me Dion, for once."

Fred gave me an awkward sigh and nodded. "Alright, Dion." He emphasized my name.

"Um- so," I cleared my throat. "There's- there's this girl that I- I've been seeing, you know," I muttered the last words while scratching my neck. I hate talking about these stuff.

"Really?" Fred asked all excited. "Who is she?"

"Well, a girl," I couldn't say her name and risk everyone finding out about our secret hook ups. "We've been seeing each other for some time but she always leaves. I mean yesterday we saw each other and this morning she left without even saying goodbye. I don't know what's going in her head but- is- is it worth it, Fred? Like chasing her and- and just- I don't know." I face-palmed, too embarrassed that I'm actually talking about this.

I heard Fred giving me a soft chuckle. "It depends on your feelings, Dion. If you feel like you want her to stay by your side then it is worth to chase her. As a man, never be afraid to chase a woman if you want her. It's not embarrassing, it's not stupid, it's lovely. By chasing I don't mean pressuring yourself onto her, I mean doing things that she likes. Buy her flowers, take her out, text her, try and be close to her. Maybe she had a reason for running away or maybe is just a test. Maybe she wants to see if you'll come back at her or act stubborn, which they absolutely hate. So I advise you to get close to her again, assess if she wants to be also close to you and then take some actions."

I thought for a second about everything Fred said. Maybe he is right. Women do want to get chased.

"Love is a beautiful thing, Dion."

"Love?" I chuckled nervously.

"Yes, love. Maybe it's too soon but- keep that in mind."

Shit...

Now my mind is a freaking mess.