Betrayal

The light vibration of his phone against the marble counter caught his attention. He has previously left his comfortable bed where Yeseul laid to get a drink of water.

He looked at the caller ID and to his surprise it was a girl he hadn't heard from in over two years. His eyebrows furrowed and he declined the call from his ex.

The girl on the other line sipped her second bottle of red wine as she cried, the picture on Jaemin's instagram with another girl hurting her in ways she didn't even imagine. She knew he was a player, but he never posted another girl on his instagram. She knew this girl was serious and that's when regret hit her like an oil truck.

Out of frustration and despair she called him again, and again, until Jaemin could no longer endure the the torture of her name popping every time he tried reading a business email. He answered the call with a sigh in anger.

"What?"

"Hello?! Jaem...hi..I-I uh.... I didn't think you would pick up"

The sound of the girl's voice cracking on the other side of the line made his ears perk up.

"Are you crying?"

"No uh.....yeah. I miss y-"

"You're drunk"

A long silence followed them both but before Jaemin could tell her he was going end the call she spoke up

"Can you please come see me? I really need you, I'm lonely and...I don't want to be alone right now"

"I don't think that's a good idea-"

"Please Jaem...just do me this one favour, I'll never ask you for anything ever again just please...please come see me"

He negotiated with himself in his head, Yeseul who was resting in his bed now completely out of his mind. Her voice brought along memories, surprisingly good ones, feelings of caring for her. As most people say, your first love never dies.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at the hotel, the one near han river... we went there on our first ann-"

"I'll see you soon"

He abruptly ended the call before chugging the rest of the water from his glass. He took his car keys and a jacket before he left the hotel.

It was a long drive to the hotel, there were many instances where he thought it would be better to turn around, but something wad stopping him. He didn't love her anymore, how could he after she left him for another man, when she proved that she was only with him for the money, but the mere thought of listening to her cry was something the boy couldn't stand.

"You actually...came?" The girl said, eyes lighting up as she saw the boy in front of her. He sighed as he saw the state she was in, mascara tears drying on her cheeks, a black dress barely still on her body with a big glass of wine in her hand, lipstick staining the rim of it.

"Youngmi..." he couldn't even finish his sentence as she began crying at just the sound of her name leaving his mouth, planting her body against his. His heart rate picked up at just the feeling of it, but it was different. He didn't like it, but he wasn't focused on that.

"Let's get you to bed" he said, stumbling into the hotel room as she cried into his white shirt. The room reeked of alcohol and bed sheets were crumpled all over the bed.

He sat her down at the edge of the bed before taking makeup wipes, slowly wiping the makeup off her face as she watched him closely.

"You were so good to me" she said with a sigh, deep regret taking over her. He stayed silent, not knowing what to say to her.

"I shouldn't have left you for him Jaem...I'm getting...married in a few days" She cried and he felt a tightening pain in his heart. He never kept any tabs on her after they broke up, but he never thought she would be getting married to the guy she had left him for.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Jaemin asked, throwing the wipes into the bin and she took a shaky inhale

"He doesn't love me...I'm just a pretty face for him, some object he can link his arm around at those business parties. I'm such a fucking idiot, why did I have to leave you for that jerk?!" She exclaimed, holding her face in her hands not believing the situation she was in

"Is it too late to call off the wedding?" Jaemin asked and she scoffed

"You know how my dad is, it will ruin his image if i told him I'm getting cold feet" She said

"You don't need to stay with someone that doesn't make you happy" he said and a silence pursued them

"You....were the only one that ever made me happy Jaem" she whispered, standing up to his height and he sighed

"I miss you, i miss your smile, i miss your laugh, i miss the way you used to hold me, i miss the way you touched me....i miss it all" she said sniffing as she clung onto his torso

"I miss us" she whispered, planting a kiss onto his lips. He distanced himself from her slightly but she only closed the space between them up again

"Don't do this... you have a fiancé...I shouldn't be here" he said but she smiled hopelessly

"But you are here...please Jaem...just one more night let me feel loved" She said, desperately.

She kissed him once more, and this time he eventually gave in. They talked, drank all night, expressed the difficulties in their lives currently, they missed doing this. It was clear that they used to be so in love, but the betrayal went over Jaemin's head.

Before he knew it he was in bed with the girl as she kissed up and down his neck, her kisses eventually going lower down this body and he was too drunk to stop whatever was going on.

_______

"Please stay" Youngmi said just above a whisper as she watched him throw in his white T-shirt and jacket.

"I can't. This was a mistake. I shouldn't have come here" he sighed as he looked at his watch that showed it was 4am.

"Jaem-"

"No...We're done. You're getting married in a few days, its over between us, its been over for over two years. I can't do this to myself Youngmi" he said as he slipped on his shoes, looking back at the girl once more as she sat on the bed, tears streaming down her face

"Have a good life, I hope you find happiness in your marriage" He said with a sigh, looking at her once more before leaving the room. He got into his car, angrily pulling at the strands of his hair as he replayed the events that had just occurred.