Your mother's eyes

Baby take a look around,
Im the only one that hasn't walked out
Im right here

Song- right here by chase atlantic

"I would like your blessing for me to marry your daughter" Jaemin said with a genuine expression as he stood in front of her father. The older man's eyes flicked up to his, scanning them to see how serious he was.

"My daughter isn't capable of being married to a Chaebol, she couldn't even handle the stress when I-"

"Sir, with all due respect your daughter is capable of a lot more things than you think. Which is why I love her. I respect her and I want to provide for her, be there for her while she pushes herself to new horizons and support her when she fails or succeeds. I want to be there for her through it all, as her husband" Jaemin said, feet firmly planted onto the ground and her father hid the small smile that crept up his lips.

"Then you have my blessing, treat her well...she's been through a lot" her father said simply and Jaemin smiled, a little bit of excitement in him but another questioned what her relationship with her father even was. It didn't seem healthy, but it didn't seem extremely toxic either.

His eyes wandered up to the stairs to see Chenle walking Yeseul down the stairs, the two of them in a small conversation. Her eyes immediately lit up when she saw Jaemin waiting for her at the bottom.

"How did it go?" Jaemin asked and she simply nodded with a smile.

"I have to do something" she said, walking past him and approaching her father. The two boys glanced at each other warily as they watched her stand in front of him confidently.

"You can't even look at me can you?" She asked with a slight scoff

"Are you that embarrassed that I'm your daughter? Why can't you look me in eyes?" She asked, voice shaking slightly as her mouth let out everything she was holding in. She stiffened as her father's eyes slowly looked up, meeting her eye to eye.

And for the first time she didn't see disappointment, she didn't see anger, dissatisfaction. She saw guilt. And it made her mind blank. Every single word she wanted to relay to him out of anger dissipated into thin air.

"You have your mother's eyes" her father said, letting out the one thing he held back from her. He loved his wife so dearly, it was hard on him when she died from an illness. What he took even worse is coming home to see the faces of his saddened children. Yeseul, who used to be his most favourite, known for being the spitting image of her mother, only hurt him the more he looked at her.

So he shut himself out, day by day growing to despise her as she matured and grew older. Growing up exactly like the woman he once loved. the way she talked, took care of her brothers, cared about what others usually don't care about. Looking at her should've made him happy, proud that he still had her. But it only brought him pain, forcing him to remember the woman he missed dearly.

The car ride home was silent, an uncomfortable silence for the three. Jaemin and Yeseul were dropped off at the hotel for the night yet she felt too upset to even be around him.

"I think i might go back to my place" she said with a sigh as she watched him walk into the elevator. He frowned at her words, knowing he only had what was down to a few weeks left of being with her before the surgery, and he wasn't going to let outside problems create a bigger distance between them

"I'll run you a bath and we can talk about it" he said, using his hand to block the sensors to keep the doors open. It didn't take her much convincing to step into the elevator after a few seconds, knowing that Jaemin could give her a type of comfort no one else could simply offer.

"I'll take care of you" Jaemin said with a smile as he enveloped her into a big hug as the elevator brought them yup to his room. Not another word was shared between the two until they both entered the bedroom. Jaemin slipped behind her as her head was filled with thoughts, taking her jacket off slowly and tying her hair into a messy bun, as best as he could anyway.

He helped her get into the bathroom where she stripped and got into the bath he had run for her while he busied himself with getting a glass of wine for just her.

"Why just one glas- oh yeah" she said with a frown as she remembered his surgery was upcoming

"Its fine, you're pretty intoxicating anyway" he said with a wink and she cringed at his pick up line making them both chuckle as she lightly punched his arm

"You know I'm going to flirt with you even if you're my girlfriend right" he asked and she smiled

"You know I'm still going to punch you every time right?" She giggled and he smiled

"You know my shoulders really hurt from carrying all the good looks in this relationship right now-" jaemin snorted and cut her off with an eye roll making her pout

"What? You disagree?" She raised her eyebrow and he pursed his lips

"I just know our kid would want to have my features"

"Why not mine?" She asked

"You're too beautiful to be recreated, a piece of art that no one can-"

"Can you stop"

The two looked at each other and burst into giggles at his shitty pick up lines that came out so naturally, mostly because under all the comedic genius, he actually meant it.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" She asked, recovering from her fit of giggles to face a more serious looking Jaemin, an endearing look on his face

"No reason" he said, fixing his seating position on the bathroom floor and she leaned towards him, placing her arms on the edge on the bathtub, fluffy clouds of soap flying in all kinds of directions around her.

"Im nervous" Jaemin said as he felt his heartbeat increase ever so quickly at the sight of her. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as they looked towards him but before she could say anything, Jaemin had taken out the small diamond ring he had hid this whole time.

"Jaem-"

"Wait just...don't interrupt me because...I've wanted to do this for ages" he said, a nervous chuckle exiting his lips as he watched her sit up more straight

"I can't imagine my life without you...you know usually I'm good at saying cheesy stuff like this but I'm just blanking right now-"

"Yes" She said with a big smile on her face and he laughed

"I didn't ask the question!" He shouted jokingly

"What other question could you possibly ask with a diamond ring in ur hand?!" She asked, bringing her hands to his cheeks to pinch them

"Actually I wanted to get your opinion on the ring, I'm giving it to my other girlfriend tonight" he said wiggling his eyebrows and she rolled her eyes

"Okay okay! Enough messing! Will you marry me?" He asked and she smiled, nodding her head as she brought her hand towards him

"Yes I will" she said, stretching out of the tub to give him a peck on his lips, him smiling into it as he slipped the ring onto her finger.

"Marrying you the second time around was even more nerve wracking" he said with a chuckle and she smiled

"I'm glad I have that effect on you" she winked before she lied back in the tub, staring at the gem that encased her ring finger, her now fiancé admiring her. Both not having a care in the world for outside factors. They had each other in the present moment and that's all that mattered