He's awake

"Don't worry about it, I'll go see if she's okay" Jeno said to Chenle who sat on the floor near her locked bedroom door, one he tried to pick the lock for as he heard the constant ringing of her mobile phone when he went to the bathroom during his movie break.

"It's locked" Chenle stated and Jeno sighed in annoyance, knowing the countless number of times he had advised her to keep her room unlocked in case something had happened to her, of course she was too stubborn.

"Just stand back, we can get a repair man tomorrow" Jeno said with a bit of a grumble, pushing the door open, more like breaking it open with his shoulder, earning a future bruise.

Chenle stood there in shock at his strength, mentally preparing to call him hulk from now on, he would've made a smart comment about it if it wasn't for his anxiety over the impending doom that was creeping up on them.

"Yeseul, look at me, can you hear me?" Jeno said with a worried and shaky voice as he straightened her up and her eyes slowly fluttered open, sigh of relief being exhaled from the two men.

"What are you doing here?" Jeno asked calmly as her tired eyes slowly opened wide enough to meet his.

"I felt sick" she said bluntly, face pale and eyes sunken in. Jeno swallowed a lump in his throat, he should tell her, make her happy again, give her the energy she needed to get up and go see him. But he couldn't, because telling her something that big would only make her abandon her own health and prioritise someone else.

"Let's get you to bed" Jeno whispered, snaking his hands underneath her limp body which he knew was getting heavier, of course not too heavy for him. The daily reminded that she had to take care of someone more than just her worried him everyday given everything she had been through.

Chenle gathered his belongings quietly and bid goodbye before leaving the two to themselves, threatening Jeno of possible murder if he didn't get an update on her wellbeing in the morning.

"Why are you here, i thought you were on hospital watch" She mumbled into the crook of his neck while he slowly placed her down on the bed. He decided to ignore this question, his stomach bubbling up in worry at how he would answer that question in the morning.

"Get some rest" he said with a low voice, slipping his shoes off along with his jacket. Clearing out his throat, he climbed into the covers, keeping a distance with the girl as he couldn't think straight. He should wake her up again, tell her the good news, he just simply couldn't, no matter how angry she would be tomorrow morning.

_______

"He's awake" Jeno said, the familiar grumbled tone in his raspy morning voice that she had now gotten used to chilled her up as she swayed around the kitchen making a cup of coffee for him.

The words made her actions come to a halt, her heels digging into the floor slowly as she stopped reaching for the sugar that laid in a cupboard

"Oh." She said, a broken smile playing on her lips as a mixed feeling filled her stomach, not helping her morning sickness syndrome whatsoever.

"Sorry, i wanted to mention it last night but you were-"

"Its okay, you did the right thing, i needed the rest" she said, taking deep breaths to calm the gag reflex creeping up on her as the anxious feeling in her stomach set in.

"Feeling sick again?" Jeno asked, more alert now since he was used to these signals from her. She nodded her head slowly and Jeno helped her to sit at the dining table, a glass of ice cold water ready with her medication placed in front of her to stop the feeling.

"Do you...want me to drive you to go see him?" Jeno asked and she sighed, gripping the glass of cold water harder. She shook her head, which came as a surprise to him.

"I need to rest" She mumbled and Jeno nodded slowly. She excused herself from him and treaded to the bedroom, closing the door behind her and climbing into the covers. If it was just her she would've dropped everything and ran to his side, but it wasn't just her. She can't be put under that stress again, not after yesterday.

But she was lying to herself, as much as she had the baby's health in interest, she was scared. Scared to face him, scared that he would realise he never needed her, scared that he would simply shake his head and deny that it was his, fear that he would even ask if it was his, and the worst, worry that he would apologise because he wasn't ready for a family...with her. Maybe it was the anxiety, maybe it was the hormones and maybe it was the several restless nights she spent overthinking this very day, but she was too scared to face it all.