Ultrasound

"You're sure you want to do this alone?" Jeno said with a frown as he followed her through the automatic doors of the hospital entrance.

"It's just finding out the gender..." she mumbled

"It's a pretty big deal Yeseul" Jeno hummed, not quite happy with how depressing she had become about her pregnancy, she was pretty much half way there yet she didn't let herself be happy, how could she when so many thoughts were eating into her. No one knew of these worries, she didn't want to share them with anyone as she felt she would just burden them. But it was a lot for her to endure on her own.

"Well I'll be upstairs, if you need anything just call...I'll try to keep Jaemin inside until you're done your check up" Jeno said. Even thought he felt extremely guilty and awkward for lying to his best friend, covering up the fact that he had a whole baby that was ready to join the world in 5 months, he didn't want to breach Yeseul's privacy. Yet he didn't exactly agree with her nonetheless.

She nodded her head and he walked away from her and towards the elevator, bringing him up to the ward where Jaemin was getting ready to finish his tests and pack his bags to go home.

"Once you have these details filled in we can bring you straight to the room, will your husband or partner be joining us soon?" The nurse asked, giving her a page with boxes that had to be checked.

"Uh..n-no...he won't" she said and the nurse gave her a sympathetic smile before bowing. Yeseul sighed to herself, mentally just wanting to get this whole ordeal over with. Her fingers loosely picked up the pen and scribbled in the areas what she needed to. Her breath hitched in her throat as she approached the question on whether the father was going to be present during the remaining months of the pregnancy.

All of this came crashing down at that one moment, everything felt so wrong all of a sudden.

"You're not a burden or a secret, you're my child" she whispered as a tear ran down her cheek. She placed her hand onto her bump, comfortingly patting it as she built up the courage to finally do what was right, what she needed to do. Because she realised that no matter what the outcome was, she was going to love her child regardless. Whether she had to do it alone or not.

"Are you read-"

"I'm sorry, give me ten minutes" She mumbled, handing the file over to the nurse before she walked as fast as she could to the elevator. Tears running down her cheeks as she attempted to calm herself down. But she smiled, she was going to see him again. No matter how big her anxieties were her love for him was much bigger. She missed his smile and she couldn't bear the thought of keeping his child from him any longer.

"What are you doing here?" Jeno asked as he stood up from the waiting chairs outside of the ward.

"I need to tell him, I need to do it" She said and he smiled, patting the side of her arm.

"I promise he won't be angry, if it all goes wrong I'll be right here no matter what" he said and she smiled

"Why haven't you gone in?" She asked, realising that he hasn't gone in to see Jaemin either.

"I'm honestly scared he's gonna chew my ass off for keeping you captive all this time" he said awkwardly rubbing the nape of his neck.

Yeseul chuckled and wiped her tears before she smiled confidently at Jeno, leaving his side and walking towards the door.

Her hand pressed onto the cold metal handle, the sudden chills bringing her back to reality and before she could even think of a reason to not do this, she pressed down and slid herself into the room.

"I'll be out in a bit, I'm just packing" Jaemin said, a worn out deep voice filling the silence and she gulped in worry.

"Jaem?" She called out to him and he halted his actions of placing folded sweatshirts into the duffel bag immediately. His hand tightened onto the shirt for a second or two before he released it. Not allowing himself to turn around and face her. He couldn't admit it but he was hurt, his pride had taken a punch and the fact that she wasn't there was almost a way of saying that she didn't love him anymore. It hurt him.

"You finally came...are you feeling better now?" He asked sarcastically with a slight scoff after being lied to that she was sick for the last few days.

"Jaemin I-"

"Even Youngmi of all people... came to see me before you did. Do you really not care that much? I was always there for you and....you promised you would be there for me too. I was so scared without you and... you never called or texted-"

"Jaemin please just look at me...please?"

"I don't want to see you right now Ye-"

"Jaemin please! Just look at me" she pleaded through her tears. With a long sigh Jaemin found it in him to look past his current anger and to turn around. The first thing he noticed was her eyes, how tired they were but how determined they were as well. It took him a few minutes to stop looking at her beautiful face before he realised exactly what she was referring to.

It took him by surprise, like a huge slap to his face.

"Oh my god" he whispered, inhaling a sharp breath as his eyes finally softened, he couldn't seem to take them off the bump. His eyes went back to hers and they both shared a cracked smile on their faces, and that was a big enough apology from the both of them.

"I'm gonna be a dad?" He asked with barely a whisper as she slowly stepped towards him. She nodded her head as more tears fell down her face and his tears did the same.

"I didn't know how to tell you all this time...I'm sorry-"

"This is the best thing that's ever happened to me...apart from you though you're always the first best thing-" Yeseul gave him a small punch to his arm at the corny comment that seemed to have ruined the little moment they had. He placed his hand onto the bump and the surge of emotions floating through him could be seen through his sparkling eyes.

"You've been dealing with this along for the past few months, I'm so sorry i wasn't there" Jaemin said with guilt washing over him, he was upset that he wasn't there for it all. God knows how many things he's missed already.

"It's not your fault Jaem...if it makes you feel any better....i know it's kind of throwing you into the deep end and you might not be rea-"

"Just tell me" Jaemin said, cutting her off with an excited smile

"Will you come with me for the ultrasound?" She asked sheepishly and he smiled even wider which she didn't know was humanely possible for him.

"Yes! Is that even a question?! Let's go right now-"

"You can pack your stuff up-"

"No way, I want to do this first" he said and she chuckled

"I'm so glad you're back" She said and he smiled, bringing her in for a a short passionate kiss.

"I'm never leaving you again, i promise" he said and she nodded, kissing him once more, noticing how his hand never left her bump during this whole interaction.

"I love you so much" she whispered and he pecked her forehead.

"I love you too baby, well....i love both my babies" he said with a giddy laugh as he bent down to kiss her bump.

"You've gotten prettier" he complimented for the 50th time as they walked out of the room and towards the pregnancy ward.

"Like I know they say pregnant women tend to have this sort of glow but damn....you are just beautiful" he said and she rolled her eyes regardless of how deep the shade of pink was on her cheeks

"You can stop now" She mumbled in embarrassment and he shook his head

"Never have, never will." He winked.