House searching

"And this is the spare room, but since you are expecting, it could be a great nursery" the sales person said as Yeseul and Jaemin took a walk around the fully furnished house.

"Is it possible to get the wallpaper off in this room, was just hoping to paint it myself" Jaemin said

"Paint? Babe you just got out of a surgery, don't tell me you're thinking of doing up the room yourself" Yeseul said worriedly and Jaemin looked at her with a sigh.

"I'll give you both a minute, come back to me when you've made your decision" the sales person said feeling a bit awkward between the two and she excused herself from the room

"It's the least I can do as a dad don't you think? Everyone else does up the nursery-"

"Yeah everyone else that didn't just get out of a surgery...the doctor said you couldn't do any heavy lifting or heavy duty work-"

"Well you're the pregnant one so who else will?" He retorted with hands on his hips

"This house isn't too far from everyone else they can come and help us out"

"Yeseul I'm not going to let a bunch of other guys set up my own daughter's nursery"

"How much pride can you have, it's just a room-"

"It's not just a room!" He said defensively and Yeseul sighed. Recently Jaemin had been very hands on with the whole baby experience, and while it was endearing in the beginning, the protectiveness started turning into a bit of a problem. He wasn't around for majority of the pregnancy and now feels as if he needs to make up for it, and that includes not letting anyone else help out, especially Jeno.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to shout at you" he said and she nodded, understanding where it came from. It was another burst of anger from him but clearly it was just coming from a place of guilt.

"I know Jaem...just take care of your health okay, I can't lose you again. We need you to be healthy" She said into his neck as she gave him a comforting hug and his tensed shoulders relaxed immediately.

"I know...you're right, I'll get the guys to help as much as I can" Jaemin said with a small smile, deciding to let loose, realising that he infact couldn't do everything himself.

"So...i like the house" Jaemin smiled, changing the topic into something more positive

"I do too" She mumbled into his neck

"And the bed that comes with it is super bouncy so-" Yeseul cut him off with a little slap to his arm and Jaemin bursted out laughing.

"What i need to think ahead incase we want more mini Jae-Seul's running around" he said with a simple shrug making her giggle

"Let's go! I'm tired" she said and he smiled, nodding in agreement as they both stepped out into the hallway

"Have we come to a decision?" The sales rep asked and Jaemin and Yeseul both looked at each other with a wide smile before turning to the woman

"We'll take it" they said in unison and the woman smiled back, getting the papers ready for them to sign.

"You can go rest in the car while I finish these up" Jaemin suggested and Yeseul thanked him mentally for the idea before she let herself out of the house and into the car that was parked outside. It wasn't that long until Jaemin was soon bidding goodbye to the salesperson and join her in the car.

"She said we should be able to move in by the end of next week" Jaemin said with a happy smile, he definitely was ecstatic to start a new life, a much more calm and peaceful one.

"Do we need to pick anything up from the store?" He asked as he started the car and she mumbled a quick no

"The guys can help us with packing our things right? We won't be able to do it all ourselves" she said and Jaemin nodded

"I'll make them help us, after all they owe me" Jaemin said

"Owe you for what?" She asked and he smirked

"Haechan begged me to not be angry at them anymore for hiding you from me and they'll do anything I ask for the next month" he said proudly

"You know...I'm the one that made them do that right?" She asked and he nodded

"Yeah but, it's still fun this way" He said with a light chuckle.

In order to get a bit of privacy on the quiet Sunday afternoon, they drove back to Jaemin's penthouse, something the couple did rarely after realising that it was pretty much a safety hazard for pregnant women.

"Oh hey you two!" Mark said excitedly as he saw Yeseul and Jaemin step into the elevator. Jaemin recognised the voice immediately and kept his hand against the sensor so Mark could catch up with them.

"You look very happy" Yeseul said, matching the big smile he wore.

"And so do you, 3...2...1" Mark started with a smirk

"I got a promotion!"

"We got a house!"

The three exclaimed in unison and their eyes went big as they registered the other's achievements.

"Mark thats so amazing!" Yeseul said, beaming with excitement for the man

"Yeah, I'm the manager of the hotel now. I guess my days of changing bed sheets paid off" Mark said with a playful eye roll

"Well done bud" Jaemin said, patting his older friend on the back

"Wait you guys got a house?" Mark asked

"Yeah, we're finally moving in together. We thought it would be much better for the baby to have space while it grows up" Yeseul said, carefully wording her sentence so she doesn't reveal the gender to Mark yet.

"That's a good call, once the baby's out I'll probably never see you two again" Mark said with a chuckle

"Hell no man, who do you think the designated babysitter is?" Jaemin said with an evil smile making Mark roll his eyes

"Alright alright, I'll catch you guys later. Manager Lee must go back to his job" Mark said referring to himself in third person with a horrible posh accent before the two were off to the top floor.

"You okay?" Jaemin asked, looking at Yeseul in deep thought

"Mhmm, I think we should have a baby shower or something" she said

"This soon?" Jaemin asked

"Yeah I'd wanna be left alone for the last trimester anyway. Plus it'll be nice to throw a party at the new place. We can reveal the gender that way" she said and Jaemin nodded, knowing that Yeseul was going to keep herself busy planning the baby shower to pass time while he would work.