Jigsaw puzzle

Jaemin turned to the door with a bright smile, hoping again like he did for the past few days that it was her, that she would wear the brightest smile on her face and jump straight into his arms, yet it was only Renjun. His smile fell almost immediately and Renjun scoffed, trying his best to lighten the mood.

"Sad to see me huh?" He retorted, dropping the duffel bag with fresh new clothes onto the floor near the door.

"Have you heard from Yeseul?" Jaemin asked and Renjun shook his head

"Jeno's with her right now so-"

"Call him" Jaemin said with a pissed off expression laying on his face and Renjun didn't want to push it any further after seeing how angry and depressed Jaemin was becoming by the second with the feeling of his friends hiding something from him. Even his own grandfather hadn't visited him ever since he woke up.

"What?" Jeno asked with a grumble, seemingly waking up from a nap when he answered the phone

"Jaemin asked-"

"Where's Yeseul?" Jaemin asked, taking the phone out of Renjun's grasp and Jeno immediately straightened up and cleared his throat, knowing he had to lie properly to make sure Jaemin wouldn't make any rash decisions.

"She's uh taking a shower right now" Jeno said and Jaemin hummed, 'how convenient' Jaemin thought to himself before rolling his eyes.

"I'll wait on call until she comes out then" Jaemin said, his stubbornness coming through his positivity as his patience ran thin. Renjun sighed and attempted to take the phone back but Jaemin only slapped his hand away.

"It'll probably take a while, she's fine don't worry, she's just come down with a bit of a cold" Jeno said but he was only met with silence from Jaemin's end.

"I'll tell her to call you when she's awake Jaem, i gotta go." Jeno said after a few minutes of pure silence

"You said she was in the shower" Jaemin scoffed, catching him in a lie. Jaemin only clenched his jaw as he saw the call ending directly after what he said.

Jaemin got out of the bed, ignoring Renjun's calls for him as he attempted to put his sweater on along with his shoes.

"Jaemin stop you can't even drive right now!" Renjun shouted as he struggled against Jaemin's grip

"Oh yeah? Watch me" Jaemin said, grabbing onto the keys, ears flaming red from anger

"Listen, the nurses said you can leave tomorrow morning, just one more day Jaem please" Renjun pleaded with him

"You need to rest and you need to get better-"

"I need to see my girlfriend Renjun, don't tell me what I fucking need!" He shouted, earning the attention of a few nurses who stepped in.

"Your heart rate is spiking up we need you to lie down and remain calm" the nurse said and Jaemin sighed, cursing at himself for not knowing what was going on even though it wasn't his fault.

"I'll see you tomorrow" Renjun said with a small frown as he saw the glares Jaemin was shooting him from the other side of the room.

The door closed behind Renjun and Jaemin sighed as he only felt guilty, heart broken even. He was ruder these days, getting angry at nurses and his friends who only came to help him. Even Youngmi came to see him a day ago only to be met with an angered Jaemin, how could his ex meet him before his own fiancé and grandparents, was he that unimportant now?

He was half a heart without Yeseul and it physically hurt him, like he was a jigsaw with a missing piece, liking he was walking around with one shoe.

Yeseul wasn't the best either, she felt terrible, yet she really wondered how long it was going to take her until she could get the courage to see him again. How long did she have to hide until she was ready to say 'I'm carrying your child'.

'He would never do that, he was always good to you' one thought said, but another only retaliated with 'what if he wants to enjoy his youth without the burden of a child'. It hurt her to even refer to her child as a burden, but she knew it would only break her even more if she heard it from him.