🎵🐏 - S1 Superheroes AU - A Gay-Colored Feather

(Canon)

It Was A Semi-Normal Day At The Villain Hideout So Far, Cyclone Had Been Sent On A Mission To Collect Some Things From An Unowned Warehouse Before Someone Buys It And Everything In It, Xornoth Was Reading In His Room, And Steel Skull / Joey Was... Sick?

Well- Sick Isn't The Correct Term I Guess. Today Just Kinda Felt Mucky For Him If That Makes Sense. Xornoth Advised A Day Of Rest Because This May Be His Body Responding To Overexertion, So That's What Joey Decided To Do. He Trusted Xornoth's Judgement.

However, Throughout The Day Of Just Scrolling Through His Phone, He Found His Back Beginning To Ache. It Wasn't Painful, In Fact It Felt Natural... Probably Because Of How Many Times His Back Has Been Sore From Getting Punched In The Spine From Behind. He's A Villain, Brawls Happen.

Regardless, He Just Sighed Before Standing Up And Getting Himself To The Nearest Bathroom. Might As Well See If The Cliche 'Splash Your Face With Water' Trick Does Anything. Spoiler Alert, It Didn't. It Woke Him Up A Bit, Not That He Wasn't Already Awake... But It Didn't Really Change Or Help Anything.

So Yeah, He Just Went Back To Bed. Deciding To Call It Early For That Day... And Yet, He Found It Surprising When He Woke Up At 4 AM... Heh, Maybe He's Adapting To Xornoth's Sleep Schedule. No, It's Just Because He Went To Sleep Early And He Knows It.

So, Getting Out Of Bed, He Walked To The Kitchen For A Nice Bowl Of... Roasted Sunflower Seeds? No, Silly Joey, That's Not Cereal! Oh Well, Roasted Sunflower Seeds Aren't A Bad Breakfast.

However, He Did Notice A Change Against The Reflective Surface Of The Bowl. A Feather, Tucked Gently Between His Hair And Ear. It Wasn't Very Big, So Joey Just Plucked It Off... And That Actually Stung A Bit. Eh, It Probably Just Caught Some Skin.

...Was It Just Him, Or Did His Back Feel Both Achy And Heavier Today?

[ Time Skip & Perspective Change ]

It Had Been Almost A Full Week Since Anyone Had Seen Steel Skull. During The Two Or Three Encounters Cyclone & Xornoth Have Had With The Heroes, They Simply Explained He Was Sick. However, What They Actually Meant Was That Steel Skull Had Locked Himself In His Room For A Few Days, Only Grabbing Food And Water From Under The Door.

Xornoth Had Enough At That Point, He Was Going To Check On Joey.

Of Course, The Usual Knocking Did Nothing, Not Even Bringing A Reply From The Other. No Voice, No Shuffling, Nothing. However, Xornoth Is Actually A Pretty Okay Lockpicker, So He Just Unscrewed The Door. "Joey. I Have The Door Unscrewed Now. I Know This Is A Threat, But Even The Public Is Worried About You. What's Going On?"

Silence... That's All It Took. Xornoth Took The Door Away From It's Hinges. And... Found Joey Staring At Him From A Corner In Fear. Next To Joey Were A Large Pair Of Wings, Some Kind Of Parrot With Rainbow Feathers Probably. And Yes, The Wings Were In Fact Attached To His Back. Not Only That But He Also Had A Few Feathers With The Same Gradient Behind His Ears As Well As His Nails Looking A Bit More Like Talons.

He's... He's A Late Blooming Hybrid... No Wonder He's Been Hiding...

And To This Sight, Xornoth Smiled With A Simple Expression, Walking Over And Just... Putting It On His Head. "Hey. It's Gonna Be Alright. I'm Sorry You Felt The Need To Shut Yourself Away Because Of This. But I Promise, Noone Will Judge."  Xornoth Spoke, Kneeling Infront Of Him. "Come On, Let's Get Someone To Teach You How To Preen Your Wings. Alright?"

And Now, Joey Had The Chance To Smile, Nodding Gently Against The Hand On His Head. He Was... Quite Clearly Relieved To Hear All Of That. This Past Week Was Quite An Experience... And Thank Exor He'd Never Have To Experience That Again.

----------------------------------------------
Thanks For Reading!
Words: 674