🎵 - S1 Superheroes AU - Cloudy Glass

Author Note:
Took A Small Break Around Here To Learn A Few Things About Writing, Expect Some Better Formatted & Worded Oneshots From Now On :>
Trigger Warnings: A Kidnapping Does Happen During The Course Of This Oneshot So I'll Alert Y'all Of That. I Don't Really Think There Are Any Others But Do Comment It Once You've Read It If You Spot Anything I Should Tell Everyone Else About.
With Those Notes Said, I Hope You All Enjoy! ^v^
----------------------------------------------

All He Saw Was Cloudy Glass. Quite A Literally As He Was Looking Out The Slightly-Frosted Window.

It Had Been A Very Simple Evening In Enpira City So Far. Cars Were Going By, People Were Settling Down For The Day, And The Heroes Were Doing The Same. The Winter Months Tended To Have Much Less Crime Then Most Other Times Of The Year, So The Heroes Found It As A Nice Time To Relax.

So Far This Evening, Geode Had Decided To Go To Bed Early Seeing As She'd Been The Busiest With Other Work That Day. Bloombell Was Making Some Dinner For Everyone Else, More Specifically Some Turkey And Mac & Cheese, Whilst Listening To A Podcast About Flowers. Sharp Spirit Was Snuggling With Her Wolves, Ghost And Alive, On The Couch Whilst Firecracker Fed Them Treats. And Prism... Prism Was Just Layed Down On A Carpet, Staring Out The Clouded Window.

He Didn't Know Why, But Even With All Of This Atmosphere, He Couldn't Bring Himself To Relax. He Could Feel His Spine Tensing Away From The Floor, He Could Feel His Broken Blinking As He Focused And Lost Focus Over And Over On The Ever So Slightly Patterned Ceiling, He Could Feel Himself Breathing So Deeply Yet Shallowly That Every Breath Felt Like It Could Be His Last... He Could Feel The Comforting Atmosphere Yet He Still Felt So Uncomfortable.

Firecracker Of Course Noticed This, He Of All People Knowing How To Notice When Prism Was Worried. "So, Prism. Let Me Guess, You're Afraid The Peace Won't Last?" He Questioned His Fellow Hero, Getting A Simple Nod For A Reply.

"I Honestly Don't Know Why, There Hasn't Been A Single Major Crime In Almost A Week... I Just..."

"You Can't Help But Feel Like They're Up To Something. Right?"

And Prism Nodded, Knowing Firecracker Was Correct. He Always Knew How To Worry, Even In The Most Carefree Conditions He Could Possibly Be In. He Didn't Like It, He Never Has And Never Will. He Doesn't Like It Just As Much If Not More Than Those Around Him. He Doesn't Want To Worry, But That's Just Part Of Being A Hero.

Before He Could Get Too Far In Throught Again Though, One Of Sharp Spirit's Wolves Came Over To Him. More Specifically Lady Scorpio, One Of The Ghost Or Spirit Wolves. As For What She Did, All She Did Was Hop Onto His Stomach And Curl Up There. "Heh, She Really Just Saw Me Laying Down And Said 'Aha, Yes, Free Real Estate' Didn't She." He Commented To Himself, Now Having A Simple Distraction From His Own Thoughts In The Form Of Petting The Wolf That Now Layed Atop His Stomach.

He Didn't Know How Long He Spent There Mindlessly Running A Hand Through The Soft Fur. What He Did Eventually Realize Was Him Falling Asleep At Some Point. Well... He Wasn't Really Asleep Actually. He Could Still Hear Everything Around Him And Feel Through His Own Body, But His Eyes Were Shut And His Mind Moved Too Slowly To Form Any Thoughts.

No Sounds Of Importance Were Heard During This Time, Although He Did Feel Lady Scorpio Get Up And Hop Off His Stomach At Some Point. He Eventually Felt Someone Pick Him Up, Someone Who He Could Presume Was Sharp Spirit Seeing How Little Of Time It Took For The One Picking Him Up To Reach The Base Height Off The Ground He'd Be Kept At.

"Well I'm Gonna Get This Sleepy Boy Back To His Room. He Really Does Need His Beauty Sleep, Especially With All His Worrying."

And What Was The Last Thing Prism's Mind Was Able To Process Before He Truely Fell Asleep.