(S1) 🎵 - Obsession Or Understanding?

Author Note:
Happy New Years Everyone! Sorry Once Again I'm Not Updating This Book Often, I'm Still Working On The S2 Book So You Can All Still Look Out For That (I May Or May Not Be Drafting Another Heroes & Villains AU For It) AHEM What? Anyways. I Hope You Enjoy This Oneshot!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

It Was During The Midst Of The Corruption Arc When Sausage Was Called To Xornoth For A Discussion. Sausage Had No Clue What It Could Be About But He Could Already Figure It Wouldn't Be Something That Would End Well For Everyone Else. Getting To Xornoth's Hideout, He Kneeled Before The Demon Whom He Served In Exchange For Ultimate Power. "What Do You Call Me Here For, Dark Lord?" He Asked Xornoth, Keeping His Head Down.

Xornoth Walked Over To Him, Grasped His Shoulders, And Pulled The Other Away From His Kneeling Position. "No Need To Bow Before Me, My Protege. Anyway," Xornoth Let Go Of Sausage's Shoulders. "I Have A Very Important Job For You. Follow Me." They Said, Sausage Wasting No Time Following His Superior Elsewhere.

The Two Made Haste Into Another Room, Sausage Now Seeing The Dragon Egg Itself And All It's Glory Upon A Pedestal. He Didn't Even Have Time To Ask When Xornoth Elaborated, "It Took A Long Fight With That Wizard You Used To Call A Friend To Get This, But Here It Is. This Is What Will Drive My Plan To Corrupting This World... I Just Need Someone To Look After It."

"I- I'd Be Honored! If- If That's What-"

"Hush With The Stuttering, Be Prideful With Your Place By My Side. And Yes, That Is Indeed Why I Summoned You Here. To Keep This Creature Alive."

The Warlock Sorcerer Nodded To It's Demon Patron, Trotting Over To The Egg And Ever So Gently Grabbing It, Lifting It Off The Pedestal With Upmost Care. He Then Trotted Back To Xornoth With It In Careful Tow. Xornoth Nodded As A Sort Of Reply, As If To Tell The Other That He Did Do What They Wanted. "You Are Excused, Have A Nice Fly Home." And Just Like That, They Were Gone.

Sausage Did Not Immediately Leave The Room Once Xornoth Excused Him, Simply Looking Down At The Egg In His Arms With An... Urge. That Which He Did Right There Wasn't Something He Did Because He Had Permission. He Did It Because He Felt The Need To. To His Thought Process As He'd Walked Over To It... It Was His And He Was Just Taking It Back. All These Thoughts Stopped Once He Held It. Getting Replaced By A Need To Protect It.

He Didn't Let Himself Stay In His Thoughts Any Longer. Besides, These Urges Correlate Perfectly With What Xornoth's Wants! Why Dwell On It? And So, He Began The Walk Home, Not Even Wanting To Try The Risks Of Flight With The Egg In Hand. No Risks, Just The Egg And It's Safety...

. . .

It Had Been Almost A Week Since Sausage Acquired The Dragon Egg. By This Point, All The Other Empires Knew Simply Because Of Gem's Attempts To Get It Back Which Eventually Had Xornoth Leak It's Location To Mythland And With Sausage. However, Sausage Cared Not If People Knew. He Just Cared That The Egg Was Safe Under His Care. People Around And Among His Empire Gossiped About The Fact He's Rarely (If At All) Left His Castle Since Getting The Egg. But Again, Sausage Cared Not. He Was Just Busy Surveying And Caring For The Egg.

Right Now In Particular He Was Simply On A Chair In His Room. Just Having The Egg Carefully In His Arms, Keeping It Warm With His Own Body Heat, And Humming A Little Song To It. The Baby Hasn't Replied Yet But The Egg Is Still Warm So He Knows It's Okay. And That Is Why He Is Doing This, For The Baby Dragon's Sake... Oh And Xornoth's Plan! Right! But Mostly For The Baby.

However, His Peace With The Dragon Egg Would Soon Be Disrupted, A Mythland Gaurd Knocked On His Door. "My King, The Great Wizard Gem Requests An Audience With You." The Gaurd Obviously Ment Demands An Audience, But The Statement Is Already Said.