coffee, CB

Warnings: angst, Cate Blanchett

"Why won't she pick up" you whined calling her once more placing the phone up against your ear pacing your living room as it continues to ring "please cate, come on answer" you huffed.

Cate sat in her trailer looking down at her ringing phone before quickly looking around, gently placing her fingers on the phone for a moment, answering the phone she huffs to herself bringing it to her ear. "Call me one more time and I will block it"  Cate warned, "wait wait wait how did you even know it was me?" smugly landing on the couch and after the realization the both of you "oh shit Catie you saved my number after all these years" you called out "well you clearly saved mine too" she tried to defend "hey no we're talking about you, did you miss me?" cate could hear your smile on the other side. As a small maybe sad smile made its way to Cate's face "maybe, well yes sometimes" she quietly admitted "it's okay I miss you too" trying not to cry.

"Why did you call Y/n?" Cate sobbed "I missed you and your voice and face just everything about you" admitting this was hard but it had to be done "what do you want?" she asked "coffee?" just wanting to see her again "coffee?" she repeated, "just coffee" whispering "coffee it is".