Dreams, SN

Warnings: fluff
Stevie Nicks

Sitting on the bed rocking the baby my eyes began to droop but the little lady wouldn't sleep glancing up Stevie was still in the bathroom getting ready for bed smiling softly I sat back against the headboard.
Lindsey-Christine was named after our friends and my sister "how is she?" Steph asked walking to the bed "very much awake and well" I chuckled my need for sleep slipping away.

Stephanie wrapped an arm around my shoulder kissing my temple ''oh love" Lindsey only giggled taking a lock of my hair ''ouch'' she tugged harshly on it ''no-no love bug'' Steph cooed lightly removing my hair from the girl's tight grip. The wrong move ''no no no please don't cry sweety" I panicked as she began to cry ''shh shh here take it'' Steph handed her back my hair ''Steph!" I cried causing Linds to laugh ''what?" "not my hair!"   "what else am I meant to do?" Lindsey's laughter echoed.

After her laughter died she was still quite active ''where's Christine when you need her?" I rhetorically asked but Lindsey responded with a giggle ''yes you love Aunty Christie" the only person that Lindsey did anything for.

Placing her on my chest I looked at Stephanie who cluelessly looked back at me ''I'm in love with an idiot'' I whispered into Lindsey's ear ''I heard that and for the record, I'm a beautiful idiot. Resisting the urge to facepalm I only smiled ''yes Stephanie a beautiful idiot'' I complemented ''thank you''.

Slowly I began humming not realising it was 'dreams' until Stevie had softly begun singing "Now here you go, you say you want your freedom well, who am I to keep you down?" rocking Lindsey once again.

"Like a heartbeat drives you mad'' I sang gently ''In the stillness of remembering what you had'' Steph continued humming as she sang beautifully.

"Women, they will come and they will go'' remembering my marriage before Stevie and how bad it was I hummed the music letting Stephanie finish looking down Lindsey had finally fallen asleep.

Stephanie leaned over giving me a kiss, removing the sleeping baby from my arms "I love you too my dear" she whispered softly before placing her in the crib allowing me to finally sleep. Steph curled into my side as my fingers subconsciously twirled a strand of her long blonde locks.