First love,LB

Warnings: Fluff, Angst?, unedited and rushed
Lindsey Buckingham

Lindsey's pov:

"Mr Buckingham can you tell us about your first love," the young woman asked me "you can call me Lindsey, but I've had many lovers just- gosh there was something about her".

"She was the smell the after rain, a promise of a new life" I smiled at the memory of her pretty Y/e/c and a mind full of thoughts "can you tell us more?" the young woman who had been interviewing me asked.

"She's a mess of gorgeous chaos, and you can see it in her eyes" I chuckled shaking my head slightly "neck kisses, coffee dates and midnight car rides" I spoke almost like second nature.

"That's one of the many ways to her heart" I still hadn't given a name yet but the woman looked just like Y/n but her eyes were a familiar blue and her hair was a curly neat mess, maybe it was wishful thinking "she preferred most of all to live with flowers and music and to have a book, in quiet solitude".

"But she had become so damaged, that when someone wanted to give her what she deserved she had no idea how to respond"

The woman held a glint in her eyes exactly like Y/n did that's how you knew she was truly listening "she was wild but loyal, she was made of sunlight, she's- she's whiskey in a teacup". Y/n there was no perfect way to describe her "a sunflower soul with rock n roll eyes curious thoughts and a heart of surprise" I smiled.

"Cingulomania" the Y/h/c-haired woman spoke I'm sure this was another Y/n my face must've held my confusion "a strong desire to hold a person in your arms" she added bashfully.

"My mother holds the exact look as you when she's talking about this man, my dad her first love she'd call him" the girl smiled speaking about first loves there were many celebrities here answering questions about their first loves.

Y/n's pov:

"Ms Y/l/n-" the young man began nervously "Y/n please dear" I smiled softly watching as he visibly relaxed "can you tell us about your first love please?" I only nodded.

"Well, you might be expecting me to tell you about my ex-husband but no... uh a few years before him there was this man, when you look at him he's already staring".

"He was a flirt 'I like my bed but I'd rather be in yours' but all I thought was damn, your eyes those sparkly eyes when he laughs" I joked "I found home in his eyes and love in his smile and well on my silent days I miss him a little louder" I admitted.

"He must've been great" the man smiled "he was, he called me beautiful like it was my name and to be completely honest" I leaned in "I fell in love with his soul before I could even touch his skin" I whispered.

"So you didn't go home with him that night?" he asked "no but he did try for three weeks exactly, I taught him some much-needed manners he put up with everything" I smiled sadly.

"So what happened?" the man looked at me curiously "we went our own ways I guess, he was in a band and I was originally an actress who learnt to transform my words into poetry a beautiful melody" I bit the inside of my lip looking down.

"People would ask what I saw in him and my response was always everything you don't because it was true" I shrugged my right shoulder slightly.

"I still carry around this first little note he gave me" I smiled "do you have it?" smiling I opened my purse pulling out a receipt My darling, you will never be unloved by me you are too tangled in my soul was written on the back.

Showing the man he only smiled brightly "that's so sweet" he gushed "it genuinely is" I put it back neatly "Y/n?" that voice.

Looking over it was Lindsey my Lindsey reaching my hand out shakily "Lindsey?" I asked "hey" he whispered walking towards me with a small smile.

My daughter trailing behind him "Ezra" I pulled her into a hug "you know each other?" Lindsey asked pointing between me and the girl "she's my mom" Ezra explained quietly. "Oh"

Lindsey's pov:

"Oh" it all made sense now Y/n must be married she even has a daughter "I'm gonna go" I whispered trying to walk away but a small hand caught my wrist "Linds can I please speak to you" Y/n softly pleaded.

Looking into her Y/e/c eye's who was I to deny her such a thing "of course" I pained "Ezra I'll be back soon love" Y/n was gentle more gentle than ever actually.

Motherhood suited her greatly, she played with her fingers a nervous habit she still hadn't seemed to grow out of "do your late night thoughts ever lead you back to me?" I asked.

"always" she admitted brokenly "if I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever" she added tears welling in her doe eyes.

I took her face in my hand's thumbs at ready in case tears fell "our story didn't end well but it's still the best one I know" and in her eyes, I believed it was nothing but the truth.

"I love you. I love you with all my heart and with everything that I am" and with that, she kissed me her lips translating the passion felt deep within her bones.

removing herself I placed my forehead to rest against hers "what is it you wanted to say?" I pushed breathlessly "I can't say it" she closed her eyes breathing deeply.

So we stood giving her time "Ezra.." she stopped "what about her" I nudged her nose with mine Y/n grasped my jaw in her dainty hands her sad eyes staring into mine.

"She's yours" Y/n mumbled almost silently "mine?" I asked surprised Y/n nodded her head just as she was about to tilt her head down I captured her lips once more.

"Husband?" I pulled away this time "none, we divorced a few years ago" my heart swelled I had a daughter, kissing Y/n's lips was addictive.

I pictured the couple we might someday become. And in my mind, in that moment at least they lived happily ever after.

"You have to come home" she whispered.
"There is no me without you"

And that's when I knew it was all over,
that I was coming home to you,
I want nothing but to revel in this love,
this is what I want,
this is what I've always wanted,
I will always want this.

After all this time I was still madly in love with her.

What if, her and I were meant to part ways, only so we could find each other again.