You will hurt,you will heal,LB

Warnings: angst, indecations of an abortion, fluff? if you squint.
Lindsey Buckingham, OC named Michael

3rd person pov:

You and Michael were arguing which was nothing new to anyone it seemed as if your entire relationship was built on angst.

You were a lot younger than Michael having met him through a friend of your father's.

The first chance you got at leaving that hell hole of a home you took it as a naive eighteen-year-old girl.

Singing had been your passion so when a friend of your fathers allowed you to sing.

Who knew it would've led you to Lindsey Buckingham himself at the ripe age of 21 still having lots to learn.

Now 31 years old and you couldn't recognise yourself anymore almost as if you had been replaced. Large bags under your eyes, lines on your forehead due to stress joined by the crippling anxiety and depression.

Everything has changed once upon a time he'd greet you with a kiss and flowers now you'd be lucky to even have a hello.

You regret ever accepting Michael's offer too long of your life was wasted away on one-sided love.

When a man was waiting on the sidelines for you.

This brings us back here...

"Don't play games with me. Don't ever, ever think you're capable of that" Michael shouted from the other side of the living room.

"Oh, Michael get over yourself" Y/n cried tired of everything "get over yourself Y/n, everyone only feels sorry for you because your father couldn't stand you".

Y/n gasped softly but continued to stand tall "your family hated you, don't you remember? You couldn't wait to leave and they couldn't wait to get rid of you"

"Little slut practically throwing yourself over everyone just a dumb drunk little bunny begging to be taken home" he taunted. "That's not true!" Y/n cried into the large shared home "really? What happened to the baby then Y/n? What did you do?" He wanted her to react.

"I was young y-you.." Y/n broke as the floor seemed to sway under her feet.

"I did it f-for y-you and u-us" Y/n whispered as if trying to convince herself,
It was for the best right?.

"So beautiful yet so stupid" he laughed as her walls visibly crumbled "I honestly can't blame your father darling" he teased.

"You know nothing" Y/n seethed anger blooming in her chest "that's rich coming from you love" Michael chuckled.

"I've had enough of your shit Michael, you're nothing but a narcissistic asshole I should've left years ago!" Y/n screeched tears full of rage.

"And yet you didn't" he mocked getting under her skin "why is that?" He leaned forward hands folded behind his back.

"Michael I am so tired of this all of this" she pointed between them the around the room.

Walking out of the living room Michael grabbed hold of her wrist "where do you think you're going?" He gritted.

"I'm leaving you, I'm not happy anymore and I doubt you are" she tiredly spoke, "doubt what?" His attitude quickly changed.

"That you're happy, that you love me just everything" Y/n eyes held nothing but pain "13 years of my life gone, do you not understand that?" Placing a delicate hand on his stubbled cheek.

"Once upon a time we were in love I won't deny that but it seems as if all we do is hurt one another" just above a whisper.

"You've got to let me go" kissing his lips softly she quickly made her way upstairs packing a few bags.

A journey already planned out in her mind exactly like a book with its chapters.

Walking down the stairs her bags in hand she gave Michael a small nod before leaving through the front door.

She sat in her car for a moment keys in the ignition starting up the car and leaving the driveway the air seemed fresher.

She drove for two hours with only one man in mind Lindsey Buckingham.

His large home came into view the car stereo blocking out her thoughts as she pulled into the driveway.

As if he knew Lindsey stood by the door sympathy written along his features waiting for the woman.

"Oh love, come here" he opened his arms welcoming the smaller woman's hand running along her hair.

"I finally left him" she whispered into his chest "thank god" Lindsey joked pulling a soft chuckle from Y/n.

Pulling away Y/n wiped her nose gently on her sleeve looking up at the man "you've always been so nice to me how come?" She questioned eyes boring into his.

Fresh tears became known Michael's words still burning her red hot.

The man's blue eyes hypnotising shining in the mid-day sun shrugging "I've asked myself the same thing" and in his eyes, she could tell he was honest.

"It's for the best y'know Y/n? it may be hard now but trust me love it gets easier" he comforted her "I know but he brought up everything and I can't help but rethink everything so excruciatingly" she nodded trying not to sob.

Lindsey pulled her back into his chest strong arms wrapping securely around her thin frame as he hushed her cries as her walls collapsed, trying not to cry himself looking up at the sky tears threatening to spill as he only held her tighter.

Pulling apart he gave her a loving smile wiping her tear-stained face "even like this you're still the most beautiful woman I have ever met" he bopped her nose making her chuckle sweetly.

"I miss your smile" Lindsey spoke rubbing his fingers along her wet cheeks "haven't had enough reasons to I guess" Y/n sadly shrugged the pain stinging her heart.

Lindsey nodded understandingly out of the corner of his eye spotting a curtain move.

"We can discuss this more inside, I think Stella has spotted you though" Lindsey laughed entwining their arms and leading her into the home.

"Y'know I've always had a teeny crush on you" Lindsey admitted "really?" Y/n smirked jokingly "mhm" he hummed opening the door for her.

Stella practically leapt on them as they stepped foot into the building forcing what was maybe the first genuine smile Y/n had given in some time.

You will hurt, you will heal.