Daughter to father, LB&SN

Warnings:Angst
Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks

Y/n Buckingham-Nicks what a gorgeous girl she is but unlike her siblings, she never truly had her dad.

Y/n spent 99% of her life with her loving mother Stevie while Lindsey occasionally popped in.

Y/n walked down the long hallway looking at all the hung-up pictures, her perched on her father's shoulders as they both smiled brightly.

One tear, two tears she continued to gaze at each of them there hasn't been a picture since she was four.

She's currently 17.

Y/n breathed in deeply as she stood on the large stage her mother standing near on her left.

"I'd like to thank you all for being here today" she laughed nervously "I'm dedicating this song to a certain someone, this someone who meant the world at one point. I'd like to thank this person for gifting me some of the most amazing things, my mother herself included".

"But before I give you my little song I'll spill some secrets" she whispered into the mic jokingly.

"My mother is my best friend and I honestly don't know what I'd do without her. But I'm proud of her- ever so proud of her for she had to fulfil two roles both mother and father which I don't think was very easy" she whispered.

"Especially since I always kept her on her toes chasing after me and anticipating my next move. My father unfortunately was barely ever there to help take the weight off of my mother's shoulders".

"So instead I watched as who was meant to be my father be a father to his other children, ignoring me" she cracked slightly.

"Yet he never said sorry to me or my mom"

"Okay enough with the sob story let's get this show on the road" she laughed.

"I wait for the postman to bring me a letter
I wait for the good Lord to make me feel better
And I carry the weight of the world on my shoulders
A family in crisis that only grows older"

The music played behind her as the crowd only awed at the young woman who had accomplished so much.

"Why'd you have to go
Why'd you have to go
Why'd you have to go"

She locked eyes with the man to who she had dedicated the song not letting him leave her gaze.

"Daughter to father, daughter to father
I am broken but I am hoping
Daughter to father, daughter to father
I am crying, a part of me is dying and
These are, these are
The confessions of a broken heart"

She began to glare at the man slightly in a wave of anger she refused to show but also a large sadness.

"And I wear all your old clothes; your polo sweater
I dream of another you the one who would never, never
Leave me alone to pick up the pieces
A daddy to hold me, that's what I needed"

Stevie came to stand beside her daughter grasping gently onto her hand for guiding support.

"So why'd you have to go
Why'd you have to go
Why'd you have to go"

Y/n's voice began to crack beautifully but she didn't give up, she had a voice for a reason and she felt like she had to be heard.

"Daughter to father, daughter to father
I don't know you, but I still want to
Daughter to father, daughter to father
Tell me the truth, did you ever love me'
Cause these are, these are
The confessions of a broken heart, of a broken heart"

Silent tears streamed down the girl's face as she continued, Stevie let go of the girl's hand before pulling her daughter into her awaiting arms and kissing her head.

"I love you
I love you
I love you
I, I love you"

The crowd had started crying feeling the young girl's pain especially when they were able to see her strong facade crumble with her wave of silent tears.

"Daughter to father, daughter to father
I don't know you, but I still want to
Daughter to father, daughter to father
Tell me the truth, did you ever love me'
Did you ever love me?
These are
The confessions of a broken heart, oh yea"

Her voice started to strain as Stevie held her that little bit tighter kissing her head a few more times. Whispering small words of comfort knowing how hard this must be for her.

"And I wait for the postman to bring me a letter"

Y/n muttered placing the mic back onto her stand before face planting into her mother's chest as she cried.

Lindsey looked down guiltily before he left altogether.

Then they were strangers again

And yet even at 23 with a daughter of her own she still waits for that letter from the postman.