𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 41 - 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘓𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘕𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘓𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘔𝘦

Lily's existance was a mistake.

Okay, she recognized that her thought may be a slight hyperbole, but that didn't mean there wasn't some truth to it.

No one was expecting her transformation and she could see it starting to take a tool on her family. Lily had been unable to brace herself for this change. While she was still the same person, parts of her felt foreign. She hadn't been the only one to pick up on it.

Emmett was a godsent over the past two days. He was the only one that treated her the same. Every other relationship she had within the coven had shifted.

They were all hesitant around each other. At times, Lily thought they were treating her as if she was a wild animal. She could tell her thoughts and actions were more erratic, but she was trying her best. She knew she was unstable, but she thought she was doing a pretty damn good job at controlling her impulses.

Instead of running, she had made sure to whimper when the burning in her throat started to pull her focus.

She had managed to restrain herself from dragging Rosalie into her bedroom and claiming the vampire as hers.

Still, it wasn't enough. Sure, her family was happy, but there wasn't any peace. Jasper was trying to use his abilities to stop her wild swings trying to cage the more intense emotions. She could see both of her parents piting eyes every time she had to fight against the new beast inside. Alice and Edward are not been subtle on their longingly to see Bella more. It wasn't safe for any human at the moment. They had split there time with Alice spending most of her time with Jasper and Edward staying with Bella, only switching when Edward needed to hunt. Edward demanded Bella's protection from the new threat. Lily was a threat.

And Rosalie? Rose hurt. Lily didn't want to think about it.

She needed to get away. She wasn't helping her family here. Maybe she could come back? Maybe she would find a place of her own? Whatever the outcome, it was better than staying here. She could make up for lost time later. She had the time.

She knew there was no time like the present, but she was still nervous. All of the vampires, minus Edward, were gathered in the main living area. They were all pretending to engage in a variety of activities, but it was clear what they were all doing. They were monitoring her. They may have also been watching the girl next to her, but Bree was doing a pretty good job at ignore the rest of them.

Bree, to her credit, was incredibly aware of every single vampire in her immediate area. It was something that had lingered from the years of her human existance. She hated the small part of her that clung to any sort of femanine figure. She found it hard to drag herself away from Esme or Lily. She internally panicked anytime the number of men outnumbered women.

Lily broke the tense silence, "I think should go."

Rosalie dropped her magazine, "What?"

Lily felt herself getting nervous. "I've been thinking, and I don't know if Forks is the best place for me at the moment. I know this has all been so sudden and everyone is trying, but I'm not an idiot. I can tell everyone is on edge."

"You're being paranoid, Lily." Emmett shot back.

"Most definity, but that's kind of the whole point. I'm on edge as well. I know I've been slightly, ummm, erratic recently. I'm not use to feeling out of control. I know Jasper is trying his hardest, but I still haven't mellowed out."

"It's getting better." Jasper added.

"Thanks, but not fast enough. I know we have family of sorts in Alaska. Do you think it would be possible to go there for a while. I know they are a bit more remote. I think I just need some time away."