Chaotic Evil

"This isn't a date, Damien. Keep calling it that and I will literally punch you through that wall."

"Aw, come on, aren't you at least a little interested in me, after all we've done together." He whispered near my ear, which had me rolling my eyes.

A misleading statement here and there between us became normal, since, soon after our first meeting, Damien and I became something more than friends. Let's just say, he's literally the worst influence on me. I don't know when, or how, but being with Damien changed me.

Damien and I were both popular, reasonably popular, and the minute we started hanging out, we had more eyes on us than before. Everyone expected us to get together by the second month.

It didn't happen.

Damien isn't the type of person I could tolerate for longer than a day, sometimes even a minute is too much. We're friends that have done... A lot of intimate things together, but it was consensual even if I regret it.

There are a lot of odd things he does, and he even comes off as violent at times. He's boarding narcissistic and nearly impossible to say 'no' to. I would have rather not gotten involved with him in the first place, but it is what it is.

"This is for Jace's birthday, I don't give a devil's horn about ya." I brush him off, fixing my makeup in the mirror. I didn't think I'd wear it often, but Cabiria got me started and now I like it. Geez, that witch awakened something I didn't know I had.

"Elos, what do you have against me, I've been nothing but nice to you." Damien pouts, which he often does when he doesn't get his way with me.

I roll my eyes, "You stole my phantoblade, had my gear shredded, claimed that you were my first kiss/partner and heavens know what else, and you keep going through my things, thinking I don't notice. I should skewer you just for one of those."

Damien waves it off, like he always does, shrugging. "No big. It wouldn't be a problem if you'd just say we're dating."

"How about we just stop messing around entirely, you're an annoying bastard who can't mind his own goddamn business. You're not helping at all." I put everything back in my bag, letting it float beside me.

Damien laughs, grabbing my arm. "Come on it's been half the year, when are you gonna give this up and give in to me?"

I never know what Damien is thinking. Sometimes he'd lash out for no reason, then he'd just chill out. It's like he's bipolar or something but his actions seem too controlled for that. Sometimes it feels like his actions are calculated.

"Damien, I'm not interested, but if you get on your knees and bark like a dog, maybe I'll give you a shot." I laughed with a smile on my face, snatching my arm out of his grasp.

Kabale taught me a few things about bad situations. If you want to get rid of someone who's bothering you, you just have to be a little more crazy, or creepy, than they are. She called it the 'praying mantis' tactic, and it just so happens to work really well against Damien.

"Geez, I'm not desperate, though I'd be nice being between your legs again." He chuckled as we started to walk out to the street.

If I could roll my eyes any harder, they'd have fallen out of my head and bounced around like a pair of marbles. "Once was enough, and besides, you're really bad with your tongue."

Damien gasped, "No way... Wait are you serious? You're kidding right? Elos-"

For a minute, I got him to shut up so we could do what we came to the district for, Jace's birthday gift.

I don't know if I can say Damien and I are actually friends. People don't sleep with their friends, or tolerate their sexual harassment... or maybe they do.

While we were looking, there was a lot on my mind for a minute, mainly things about myself. What type of person am I, and who do I want to be? What would Raf say if she saw what I've been doing? What would Kabale and Cabiria say? What about Urie?

Well, whatever. Damien helped me get into the proper year, because of him, I was able to transfer to the second year class, and I'll soon be in my third year. It's not like I haven't been working hard for it, he just convinced the headmaster that I deserved to move up.

No matter how toxic he is, I at least owe him my attention....for about five minutes a day. I wouldn't say that to anybody though.