Best Friend End (6/9)

There are two sides to every story, requardless of how miniscule it may seem.

Stories told in a golden light, have a dark shadow cast over them when told by others.

There is a great mystery behind this fact, the warped perception of reality that some can have is truly fascinating... However...

When reality has been completely warped by perception, what is the meaning of truth?

"That monster is no child of mine!"

Om a planet that shimmered under the sunlight, brimming with magic rich jewels, and vibrant crystals of varing species.

Within the castle walls, on a floor with no life, was a room in which no one was allowed. In that room was the ruler, the Queen of that world, and the Empress of another, having a long discussion.

Just outside the room, there was a small child with long blond hair, and blue eyes, holding her breath as she squeezed a stuffed animal she had been carrying with her since the day she was born.

The little girl's heart raced as she listened to the two adults speaking, both of them unaware of her presence.

"Dia, please. She's really not that bad, she just needs to learn to control her magic." The Empress pleaded with her counterpart, who just wasn't having any of it.

The woman was clearly enraged, her crystalline hair a fiery red color as she yelled, "Control it's magic? So what, it can destroy everything I've sacrificed my life for! Do you know how much damage one of its little tantrums caused!"

The Empress took a deep breath, holding her hands out to her friend. "Come here, Dia. You need to calm down, she is but a child... And you did allow a statue to fall on her, remember?"

"And that's my fault!? It shouldn't have been there in the first place! It's Eliza's birthday! She is to be the the next queen!" She shouted, allowing the Empress to smooth her hair, subsequently calming her down a bit.

"Darling, calm quell your anger. Eliza's big day was perfect, nothing short of it. How about this, I'll teach Elos to control her magic, and you just handle your affairs more... Properly." She warned her friend while running her fingers through the lustrous hair.

The little girl listening in was shocked to say the very least. She was invited to the party to be friends with the crown princess but... The crown princess wasn't someone she wanted to be around much longer, so after a minor explosion caused by someone she didn't recognize, she ran away and ended up in the abandoned tower.

"You're the only one I can trust with this, Astia, my dearest friend." The Queen leaned against her friend, smiling with a thousand jewels shining behind her. "Thank you!"

The second princess that no one knew about wasn't even a princess in the eyes of the Queen. The little girl was appalled by the two rulers, and soon ran out of the abandoned tower.

Just when she made her way back to the courtyard, she felt something crunch under her shoe. When she checked, she noticed the pieces of a crystal slowly fading away. Upon further inspection, there were a few jewels on the ground, producing their own brilliant light of varing colors.

The girl followed the jewels before they crumbled into nothing. It was a long path that lead all the way to a secluded corner of the garden, where wild flowers bloomed without resistance.

In the center of it all was a person with vibrant crystalline hair, that looked completely out of place. When the person looked up, her brilliant crystalline eyes filled with tears that fell and became fragile gems, met her bright blue eyes, and suddenly...