Astia End (3/9)

"This cannot be happening!"

The flood of trolls was blocked by the brilliant wall of jewels, being reinforced by a fire so hot it nearly melted the rock it was attached to.

"I guess this is one way to distract my mother." The wizard chuckled, giving the fairy a light peck on the cheek.

The fairy rolled her eyes, glancing back at the civilians, royals, and others who were protected by the wall. "It's a very extreme distraction, don't you think, babe."

The wizard shrugged, pulling a hidden weapon from his shirt, a sword that was forged in the flame of a dragon. "It just ends up like that sometimes."

"Oh my shards... How did you even put that in there?" The fairy asked, looking the boy up and down. He was wearing a fully tailored suit, there was literally no space for any sort of weapon.

"Magic." He smiled, diving into the crowd of trolls, cutting them down one by one.

The fairy would have joined her partner if she hadn't felt her magic fluctuate beneath her. The reaction was instantaneous, just as the lustrous protective wall crumbled, her weapon hit the ground, grazing the cheek of the perpetrator who broke the spell in the first place.

She glared at the familiar boy, snapping her fingers to activate the magic that had built up in her spear. A Holo screen extended from the handle, stretching for miles, beyond what the eye could see. "Damien... You bastard."

"Have I ever told you that you're hotter when you're absolutely pissed." Damien laughed while blowing a kiss to the fairy he was so fond of.

The fairy raised her palm into the air, clouds circling over her head. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't make you a living pin cushion."

"Well, if you made me a pin cushion, I wouldn't be living." The boy shrugged. "Besides, you'll miss the fun part... Right, sisters."

A portal opened up just over the battlefield.

There were no words to describe the twisted expression on the girl's face. Misery? Wrath? It was potentially the darkest moment of her life, seeing those witches again.

The image of that day, that dreadful day, flashed before her eyes. It played over and over again in her nightmares. She spent years looking over her shoulder, crying herself to sleep, and eventually, accepting that she'd never get any justice....

"Ugh, can't these mindless beasts do anything right?" One witch complained, folding her arms over her chest.

The other witch shrugged. "They're just as useless as your dear brother."

Damien sighed with a smirk on his face. "Reina, you're so ugly, learn from our little fairy here." He gestured to the crystal fairy, who had become rather quiet.

"El!"

The magic that erupted from her body caused the formation to shake.

"Oh my, the baby fairy is angry, how scary..." One witch chuckled, snapping her fingers to launch spears made of darkness at her target, but they were intercepted by one particular warrior who had just been watching up until this point.

This warrior is a fairy with great talents in magic, and one who's ruthless nature was famed through all of magix.

"Snap out of it, girl! What would your mother say if she saw you like this!" Her voice rang through the fairy's ears, causing her to take a sudden breath in.

The magic that caused the world to shake cooled, returning to the girl's body as if it had never leaked in the first place.

"Aunt Tia...." The fairy mumbled as the pair of dark wings fluttered before her.