Prologue

"A letter? From whom?"

Clotted Crema found himself wondering such as he overheard his parents gasping and gawking over a a letter that was sent through the mail.

He finished up the last of grading his practice papers, getting full marks for each of them as he neatly left them aside.

"Cream! You have selected to the the new consul of the Crème Republic!"
His "mother" announced happily as she threw the letter to the ground, the empty envelope dropping to the ground as the letter laid on the floor, shifting ever so slightly,"
"We finally succeeded! I'm so happy!"
His "father" cheered as they both started laughing joyfully.
Clotted Cream went up and picked up the letter, along side the envelope as he ignored their hearty laughter and headed to his bedroom.

As he sat down on the floor, a tear dropped onto the letter, staining it and smudging the ink. He quickly wiped the tears away as he sighed.

His own achievement... Couldn't even be celebrated by him... But he still did something marvellous right? At least he managed to please him. Who menos what would happen if he didn't.

~Meanwhile~
"Amazing! Amazing performance!"
The man applauded as the child finished playing the piano, taking their fingers off the keyboard.
He applauded his child and took them outside for ice cream and to play.
"You did a good job. We can get you two scoops of ice cream today!"
He said.
The child cracked a weak smile as he led them to the ice cream shop and got them two scoops of ice cream on a cone. As they ate the ice cream slowly, the man glanced at his child and of their head. They were only 12... So this was fine. They were quite mature so spoiling them wouldn't hurt.
It just hurt to know that they might not be able to live a happy life ever...

Devoid of emotions... They were hopeless... They couldn't feel a thing...

He just had to pray that they would be able to feel again.