Chapter 7: Closer

Siri got freshly made pancakes sent to the room after they let Clotted Cream do some morning stuff (brushing teeth and stuff. They have another toothbrush).

"Alright. I'm off to the meeting. I'll see you,"
Siri said as they vanished. Clotted Cream nodded as he glanced down at the food in front of him. He was allowed to eat this right..?
A note sat next to the pancakes.

Hello Clotted Cream.
Pancakes for breakfast today. Make sure you eat. I don't care that your 'betraying' the Crème Republic. You need food.

~Love~
Siri

Clotted Cream read the note and left it on the table. He could eat the pancakes right? So he did.

~in the council hall~
"Master Couverture. What have you brought us here to discuss about?"
Siri asked as they sat next to their father. Almost every single council member gasped in shock. Siri never asked that question. They were always informed before hand. But today was different. Bounty cocked her guns as she shot the ceiling for fun and entertainment only to scolded by Sweet German.
"Ack! Your so boring love,"
Bounty grumbled as she crossed her arms as German took a sip of his tea. Ruby Chocolate glanced at Siri, a look of pity in her eyes at the thought of how the child would react when they heard the news.
Askinosie was currently entertaining them with a puzzle. They were distracted as they tried to get the key out of the locked box. Couverture noticed this and pat her shoulder, mouthing the words 'It's alright' to her. Ruby Chocolate nodded as she glanced down at the ring on her finger.

Bounty couldn't wait anymore.
"Come on Couverture! Tell us what you need to tell! Spill the tea already! I can't stand sitting in this silent room for another hour!"
Bounty yelled as she shot the ground if a bullet. Unsweetened Chocolate stepped up and told Bounty to stop while Askinosie glanced at Couverture.
"Couverture... No... You didn't..."
He mouthed as he got ready to cover Siri's ears.
Couverture sat there with batted breath.

"I'm getting married to Ruby Chocolate next week,"

He blurted out.

Sweet German spit out his tea in shock while Almond smashed their bowl of chocolate coated almonds onto the table, breaking the glass bowl and spiling the almonds everywhere. Bounty gasped as she dropped her guns to the ground. Unsweetened Chocolate hugged gasped too and latched onto Semisweet Chocolate, hugging her girlfriend tightly while Semisweet Chocolate stared at Couverture. Askinosie was too late to cover Siri's ears as he fell to his knees and fake fainted for drama.
Couverture looked at Siri, their face an indescribable look of shock and horror.

"Y-You...Master Couverture! Your getting married?"
Siri exclaimed as they stood up from their seat.

"Y-Yes... I'm so incredibly sorry for not telling you..."
Couverture said as he looked at the look of utter horror and heartbreak on Siri's face.
"I-I... I don't object... What ever makes you happy..."
Siri's voice trailed off as they went to Askinosie and hugged him.

"Oh my... It's alright darling... Why not we go get you some ice cream later..?"
Askinosie tried to cheer them up.
"May we be excused Couverture? I believe my god child needs a small break..."
"Yes... You both may exit the room..."
Couverture allowed as Askinosie summoned a portal and held hands with Siri, walking out the room.

Bounty sat there, an odd look on her face.
"Your telling me...You kept it secret you were engaged to Ruby Chocolate from your own child?"
Bounty questioned Couverture.

"Yes... I was ashamed of myself for not doing so... But it's for the best...."
Couverture felt a strong remorse after seeing the heartbreak in Siri's face. He always knew that they never truly trusted adults despite becoming an adult them self already. Adults had done them no good through out their life other than him. They were mentally abused by their mother. Of course they wouldn't want a mother anymore....

(Not related to the story but-
I may or may not have drawn best boy Clotted Cream in a mother forking bunny suit. No intent to sexualize him, just for fun. But should I post about it?)

"Couverture, don't worry. Their tantrums last like... For 10 minutes at most. They'll probably forgive you, but they just be a little more distant..."
Almond Chocolate comforted as he brought up one of the things about Siri. They had great temper. You could insult them all you want and they wouldn't kill you. But Couverture didn't want to take any chances.

~Meanwhile~
"Are you enjoying your strawberry ice cream dear?"
Askinosie asked Siri who was currently holding his hand while devouring an ice cream cone. They were heading back to the castle but Askinosie took a short cut. They wandered through the mirror, finding the one that led them to the Siri's room.

Clotted Cream was lying on the floor again. His pancakes laid forgotten as he wasn't in the mood to eat them. He wanted to save them for something... He just didn't know what. He had fallen off his chair and was now laying on the floor, contemplating life while his wrist remained chained to the chair.
That was when Siri exited the mirror of their bedroom and he jumped.

"Ah! Your back... Early? You said the meeting ended at 11am..? It's only 10:30am?"
Clotted Cream asked as Siri slumped down in the other chair as Clotted Cream got back onto his own.
Siri felt the static again. Those horrid lines which seem to vibrate in their head like a broken radio.
"My father and Ruby Chocolate are getting married...."
Siri muttered before standing up and landing their fist into the wall so hard it cracked. They breathed heavily as Clotted Cream shook, blood dripping down the walls as Siri's cloth glove was stained with blood. Siri was about to punch the wall again only for their hand to phase through. The wall seemed to understand what they were doing, and prevented them from doing so again.

"Mhm... So... Pancake..? I was saving them for something else... But nevermind that,"
Clotted Cream said as he watched Siri crawl back onto the seat as he gently pushed the plate towards them.

"I accept your offer,"
Siri answered coldly.

Askinosie peeked from the mirror and giggled a bit. Siri couldn't hear him as he was inside the mirror.

𝐴ℎℎ...𝐻𝑜𝑤 𝑐𝑢𝑡𝑒...