Chapter 8: A bitter lost

Financier sighed as she sat at the end of the fountain.
"Good evening Financier! What's with the king face again?"
Marble Chocolate popped up and asked.
Financier sighed.
"The Crème Republic said they found a way to get Clotted Cream back..."
"Isn't that good?"
"Yes... I'm glad... But that means I'll have to be the castle 24/7. It means I can't come see you that often..."
"Cheer up! Biscuit dash remember? I gave you a console! So we can contact through that! I believe you can get a message me through it!"
Marble Chocolate chirped. Financier gave her a light smile as Marble Chocolate gave her a tight squeeze. Financier smiled lightly. She may or may not have developed a small crush in Marble Chocolate, and gave her the nickname Marble cause of her name.

"Well, bye Marble,"
"By-bye financier!"

~With Clotted Cream~
Clotted Cream was resting on the end of the bed, simply taking a short rest when the floor bellow him opened up. He screamed as he fell down and was greeted by blue as wind smacked him in the face. He was still bound and he couldn't do magic. He yelled Siri's name as he watched the hole become smaller and smaller.
"SIRI!"
He screamed as he tried to see the end of the portal.

Siri heard Clotted Cream scream as they ran to their room, as he screamed their name twice.
"CLOTTED CREAM!"
They hollered as they broke the hatch door and ran to the portal which was starting to collapse. They screamed a curse, causing chains to sprout from their dress and reaching into the hole, grabbing Clotted Cream's body as they tried to pull him out. The chains chained them self to the walls as Siri jumped into the portal them self and grabbed a chain and tried to pull Clotted Cream out.
"HANG ON-!"
Siri found them self scream as they desperately tried to pull him out. But something seemed to pulling him by the other end.
However, the curse suddenly started counteracting. The chains started flicking Siri off Clotted Cream after they got close enough to hold him.
"NO! STOP IT! I CAN'T! I WON'T GIVE HIM BACK!"
Siri screamed as the chains started to wrap around them, pulling them back as they lost their grip of Clotted Cream as they were forcefully made to let go. They screamed as the chains pulled them back but snapped as they were about to dragged out the entrance. That was when two hands grabbed them by their waist and fished them out. They screamed as they watched the portal close in their bedroom as they tried to get out.

"ALMOND CHOCOLATE! LET ME GO! I NEED TO SAVE HIM!"
Siri screamed at Almond Chocolate who held them tightly. Siri started to sob and cry as they kicked Almond Chocolate in the gut and got to where the portal was originally at and tried to open it again, but Askinosie intervened as he disabled their magic.
"NO! CLOTTED CREAM!"
Siri started to sob harder, Couverture coming as he wrapped his arms around the sobbing Siri as he pulled them back from the portal.
"We'll save him. Just not like this,"
Askinosie said as he ruffled Siri's hair as they cried. They hugged tightly onto the white cloak as its ribbons wrapped around them too. The same cloak they were about to return to Clotted Cream.

Clotted Cream found himself falling through the portal as a black chain dragged him through by his ankles. Eventually, he was pulled out once and for all and fell into the meeting hall in the Crème Republic.
Clotted Crema gasped for air as Oyster came up to him.
"My dear... Our dear consul has finally returned!"
She said as she cupped his face affectionately. Clotted Cream yelped as he jumped a bit.
Oyster had never done that before...
"Oh my! That chocolatey smell! The Chocolate Republic! Those foul creatures! What have they done to make you fear like that..?"
Oyster "sympathetically" asked.

𝐷𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑛! 𝑆ℎ𝑒'𝑠 𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑦𝑜𝑢!

Siri's voice warned him.
"The Chocolate Republic..? Why are we enemies with them..?"
"Oh my! They brainwashed you... They were simply tricking you to believe that we were bad!"
"But-"
"Don't worry! We'll fix you! That foul republic tricked you... We just need to do that spell!"

Oyster said as the elders all stood up and got their magic ready.
"What-"

...

That was the last thing Clotted Cream said before he screamed in pain, as the spell was casted. He felt his memories melting away, as they seemed to be dragged away into a cage and locked a key before it was burnt. There memories...They were vanishing!
He screamed as he tried to stop and run, but the pain was too much to handle. It was worst than hunger. It felt as if he was being burnt alive, melting away into a puddle of nothingness. The blinding light... The burning excruciating pain...It felt as if he was being slowly chipped and taken apart bit by bit...

As the elders finally ceased the spell. Clotted Cream passed out on the floor as Financier just so happen to rush in.

"CLOTTED CREAM? What happened to him?"
She asked as she dashed forward, checking him for injuries.

"His time with his kidnappers wasn't pleasant at all. We just casted a healing spell, but he won't wake up yet. Why not you first go rest him in his chamber? He has quite a bit of work to catch up too,"

The Crème Republic postponed the meeting with the ancients to a week later due to Clotted Cream's absence.

Financier carried Clotted Cream to his chamber as she glanced at the game console which hung on her belt.

Marble... Tell me... What on earthbread is going on..?

The faint image of a person with chocolate brown hair in a lovely white dress appeared in his mind. A well decorated pocket watch hung on their head as the dress fluttered in the wind. Did he know this person? He tried to reach to them, but that was when several gold bars separated them. He realised they were around him, not them. They grasped onto the bars as they glanced at him, their eyes were nothing but scribbles of darkness as they seemed to mouth something to him.

𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢... 𝐼 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑚𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡... 𝑊𝑎𝑖𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑒, 𝐶𝑙𝑜𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝐶𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑚...

Save him..? He tried to scratch his mind for any other memories as several portraits surrounded him, but they were all blurry as the person tried to reach into the cage to touch him. He wanted to feel the warmth, but he couldn't.
Did he know this person..? They looked so strange yet so familiar...
Did they meet before..?

The person slowly started to vanish as several chains started to wrap around him as he tried to reach to them.

𝑁𝑜! 𝑊𝑎𝑖𝑡! 𝐿𝑒𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑠𝑝𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑡𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚!

He felt himself scream as the person muttered something.

𝑀𝑦 𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑖𝑠 Ş̸̜̦̦̦̓́̐̈́͆̅̇̚ī̶̧͙͖̲̘r̵̨͇̰̭̜̈́͑ī̶̧͙͖̲̘

Their name was blurred as they finally washed away into the light.

Clotted Cream wondered... Will he see them again..?