Chapter 1: Kidnap

Clotted Cream stood at the dressing table, straightening his necktie as he glanced at the mirror to make sure he looked right.

Another party... He wasn't as fond of them as he said he was. Awfully noisy... crowded... personal space wasn't acknowledged... And he was gawked at like some type of exhibit at a museum or zoo.

It was worse that his parents would come to every event and boast about their son.
"Hey, did you know my son Clotted Cream is so and so? And did you he did what and what?"

It was a pain in the neck. The honour felt amazing and he was proud to be consul, but it was a stressful job and the stacks of work given to him took him days to complete. No one actually respected him other than Financier.
It was only an hour to the party, is he had time to go to the balcony and let loose. As he made sure the door was locked, and was also blocked by a chair to ensure no one could barge in, he headed to the balcony and gazed at the lovely skies. The pink skies... the light pink fluffy looking clouds... They were so beautiful. However the vanilla kingdom turned them into such was a mystery, but he hoped it stayed that way.

That was when something caught him off guard. He heard the door unlock. He jerked his head back to see that the chair had shifted and the door slightly opened. He assumed it was nothing at first, so he went forward and closed the door to ensure his privacy.

As he got ready to turn back to the balcony, a gloved hand clasped over his mouth. He let out a muffled yelp as the hand gagged him, pulling him back as well causing him to trip and fall back onto whoever was gagging him.

"Mhm-! L...Let... Go!"
In between his muffled yelps, he managed to utter the words 'let go' only to be answered this,
"Stay... Quiet..."

The room was suddenly enveloped in smoke, a rich chocolatey smell taking over as he finally broke free form the hand and dashed to the door.
To his horror, it was locked and sealed with some kind of magic. He began to bang on it, pounding on the door with all his strength as he tried his best to hold his breath.

"Financier..! Help... Me..!"
He tried to scream only to take a breath of the smoke. The moment he did so, his eyelids felt heavy as his legs became numb and weak. His vision became blurry as the world around him slowly darkened and spun. He stumbled back and fell onto his back, landing with a thud as he tried to catch a glimpse of whoever was responsible for this.
But he failed as he fell asleep, finally closing his eyes.

The person responsible for this sighed as they called the smoke back, the smoke wrapping around their neck, forming a small choker with a heart in it.
They took the time to hound Clotted Cream's hands together with a rope before picking him up bridal style. As they headed to the window they closed earlier, they threw it open as they perched them self onto the balcony railing.

"SIR? CLOTTED CREAM? ARE YOU THERE?"

Financier's voice echoed as the kidnapper ignored her, jumping off the railing as Financier continued to scream Clotted Cream's name. They left behind not a trace of evidence to who kidnapped him.

As they fell to the garden, they crushed some of the flowers by accident, killing them. But the moment they left, the flowers bloomed to life again. They rushed to the portal to the ground hastily, hoping to not get caught. As they arrived, they stood onto the platform and allowed it to take them to the ground.

The sight of the fancy carriage, the black sugar horse and the person caught their eye as they whistled, grabbing their attention as they dashed to the carriage, swinging the door open and hoping inside. The driver seemed to understand, as the moment the cookie ensured that the doors were locked and they made the familiar hand signal, the horse seemed to come to life as the scenery around them started to change.

The cookie took off their cloak and rested it on the sleeping Clotted Cream, their cheeks flushing as they looked at his sleeping face.

The mission was a success.
The Chocolate Republic would be proud.