Chapter 19: Retrieving lost memories

(Angst time go. Also, wanting. There will be swearing in this chapter)
"Clotted Cream, do you know why you hate your parents so much?"
"Huh..? What do you mean?"

Clotted Cream asked Siri as Siri simply sat aside drinking black tea.
"I'm saying that, you always say you despise them. You know they did something bad to you, but do you remember what?"
"Actually... I don't... Is it another doing or the Crème Republicans?"
"Mhm, most likely. Why not I show you why. I think I have the answer..."

Siri stood up as Clotted Cream followed them, feeling intrigued.

How would Siri know..?
He didn't know himself, but it worth seeing.

"Follow me into the mirror. Let's see your past,"

So with that, the two stepped into the mirror.
Clotted Cream was greeted by a sea of light dreamy blue as he felt a little sleepy. Several mirrors of all shapes and sizes decorated the 'room' as they hung in the air. Each of those glass screens played a memory, most of them belonging to Siri or the Chocolate Republicans. As they continued walking, a room came into sight. The world seemed to fade into the stone passageway as small plants flowered around the area. A door stood there, untouched.

(This was made in Picrew cause I'm on a bus at the moment-)

"There you go. We enter this door, we get your memories through it,"
Siri said as they pointed at the door with Clotted Cream.
It was awfully cold in the place, snow was raining down while the plants flapped about in the wind. Siri was unfazed as they unlocked and opened the door, revealing a set of stairs going up. They walked up slowly, Clotted Cream a little confused as they reached the end of the stairs to another door which Siri unlocked with a key which snapped into two the memory they turned it.
"Don't worry. We can make that key again and the door instantly locks the moment it's closed unless someone is inside,"
Siri said as they entered the room, dragging Clotted Cream inside before slamming the door shut. A small glass case sat in the room, something resting on a velvet cushion inside it as the case was locked behind countless chains made of pure gold. Locked together with a padlock.

Siri did their magic and snapped the chains off, the chains shattering into gold dust as they slowly removed the round case and set it aside and picked up the object on the cushion.
They spun around to reveal a mirror.
"Almond Chocolate would often use their mirrors to capture the memories and lives of young children and people all over the world. They use whatever mirror is nearby or just spawn one to observe the person. Check your pocket,"
Siri stated as Clotted Cream slid his hand into his suit's pocket to feel a handle. He grasped onto it and pulled it out, revealing a mirror that looked exactly the same as the mirror Siri was holding.
Siri took the mirror in their hands and slammed it against the wall as it stuck on. The mirror slowly enlarged as it became big enough to walk through.
"I believe this is the mirror that defines your past. Follow me inside should you want to know how your 'parents' wronged you,"
Siri said as they already vanished into the clear glass. Clotted Cream quickly followed them as he too stepped into the mirror.
It wasn't a sea of blue anymore. But it resembled that of something else. It was a different kingdom. People were rushing onto an airship hastily while a child with cream coloured hair and green eyes waited at the landing port. He hugged tightly to a small bag while a teddy had also been stuffed into his arms.