Chapter 15: A bittersweet tragedy

Small note:
The number of hearts I must have broke last chapter...
*malicious laughing*
More yummy angst. Siri's past.

Couverture didn't know what he was seeing as he swore he small someone fell from the sky.

Their cream hair and white flowing dress flapping wildly in the air as they crashed down below onto the ground. As they did, blood splattered everywhere as they gasped and panted desperately. They unsteadily crawled to their knees, their arms trembling as if they were made of jelly. They coughed out some blood as they wiped it off and tried to stand up but failed.

No one could have survived falling all the way from the fallen Vanilla Kingdom to the ground. The height and impact would have killed them, but it didn't.

Couverture got his soldiers to rush him to where he believed the person fell to be greeted the bloodied body of the child trying to stand up. It was raining at the moment, raindrops pelting down like bullets as they seemed to mercilessly attack the unprotected child.

They were unkempt and dirty, their white dressed stained the mud. They looked like they were about 12..? 13?

Couverture approached the child as his men followed him.

"Hello little one... Where are you parents?"
He asked the child as they looked up at him.
"Gone... I ran away... I'm not going back..."
They said as they tried to stand up once again, managing to get a little further as they shakily got to their feet.

"Mhm. How do you plan on surviving now?"
"I dunno... Probably beg for food... That's better than living there with them..."
"Mhm... You seem to dislike the Vanilla Kingdom a bit?"
"Probably..."
"Mhm, so why not we make an arrangement?"
"Huh?"

Couverture started to explain what he was thinking to child as one of his men wrapped them in a blanket.
"You want to adopt me?"
"Sure, why not? You can't survive in the state your in, and it's best if you have a guardian lest you want to be dragged to an orphanage. Besides, you seem like a pleasant child to handle. What's your name? You may address me as Couverture,"

"..."

"Vanilla Crystal Cookie,"

"Ah! Lovely name. Why not we get going now?"
Couverture complimented as he took the child by the hand.

~timeskip~
Vanilla Crystal was following Couverture down the hall. They didn't like meeting new people, nor did they enjoy seeing many adults. But Couverture promised them it won't be bad.
As they reached the meeting hall, Couverture stood Vanilla Crystal onto a suspended platform as he took a seat at a long round table which formed a "C" shape when looked from above.
Several adults were seated at the table as the lights suddenly turned on. Vanilla winced as the bright lights blinded them.

"Greetings everyone! Today, I've adopted a child,"
Couverture started as the people all gasped.
"May I be the God father?"
One of them suddenly asked.
"Yes you may Askinosie... But we have an issue. I took them for the Vanilla Kingdom,"

Hearing that, all the people gasped in shock but quickly nodded their heads.

Askinosie stood up and went to Vanilla.
"Child, do you agree to changing your own blood and dough to be part of this family, even if you don't, it's alright."
Askinosie asked.
Vanilla Crystal nodded. They just didn't want to go back there.

"Very well. Elders, begin the spell. Child, brace yourself. If anything happened and it's painful to your whole body, scream Couverture's name,"

Vanilla nodded as Askinosie stepped back as the elders all stood up, holding their weapons.
Couverture with his sword, Unsweetened and Semisweet with their spears, Sweet German with his crossbow, Bounty with her guns, Almond Chocolate with his wand and Askinosie with a book.

They started saying something as a circle formed around Vanilla. They started to float as chains appeared form the ground, preventing them fork flying up.
"A natural magic... Probably been practicing for a while..."

Askinosie muttered as the chains were formed from pure light magic.
A sphere started to surround Vanilla as it closed. They were concealed in white as they were given a chance to change.

They placed their hands together and not their lips, as if they had rehearsed this before. They slowly felt their body changing as their fluttered in the air. They felt their once cream coloured hair darken as lighter highlights began to form. Their could swore they felt their eyes turn dark chocolate brown as a spiral formed in them.

As the sphere burst, shattering shards of magic everywhere. The child who was once Vanilla Crystal had changed. Darker hair, dark eyes... They became a chocolate.

"Greetings child. How may I address you?"
Askinosie stepped up and asked.
"Chocolate Spiral Cookie Sir... Askinosie I believe?"
The child said as they glanced up at the elder.
"Yes. Your well informed,"
Askinosie said as Chocolate Spiral stepped off the platform.
"My head feels a little fuzzy, huh I feel a particular attachment to the name Siri..."
Chocolate Spiral said as they rubbed their head.
"Then why not we call you Siri? Certainly wouldn't hurt,"
Askinosie suggested.

With that, the child became Siri. They were calm, silent and beautiful. Nobody would guess that they used to be from the Vanilla Kingdom. Even if the kingdom saw it, they didn't care. They were their highness, their majesty. So it didn't matter where they used to be from.

...

Siri however still remembers Vanilla Crystal. They sometimes walk around as them to relieve some of the happy memories they had while in that body. But the Chocolate Republicans had no issue with that.

𝐺𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑏𝑦𝑒... 𝑉𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑎 𝐶𝑟𝑦𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑙...

That was one of the things they said after the ritual as they were walked to their room...