Chapter 5: Letting loose

~With Financier~
Financier held hands with Marble Chocolate as Marble Chocolate claimed that it was a tradition from where she was originally from. They walked through the vanilla kingdom, greeted by the countless flower buds and small children who passed them. Financier was actually quite emotional, she just didn't show it out of practice.
Marble Chocolate looked quite familiar now that she thought of it. Where had she seen a more familiar cookie?
That was when Marble Chocolate mentioned something.
"Hey! You know the school where you were trained to be Paladin? I was actually in the class next to you!"

What.

That was the first thing that came to Financier's mind.

"Wait... You wanted to be a Paladin?"
"Actually, yes! Almost all of us wished to be a knight when we younger! But due to personal reasons, I was suddenly expelled... I was so confused back then, but now I know why! My friend explained it to me!"
Marble Chocolate explained.
"Who is this friend of yours?"
Financier asked.
"Oh, just a silly friend who I met during a game of biscuit dash! We now send one another letters!"
"Biscuit dash?"
"Yes! Where I'm from, technology is one of the things that is there most! Robots... And small game consoles! We're not that advanced though,"
Marble Chocolate laughed.
"Could you show me?"
"Of course!"

Marble Chocolate pulled out a console shaped like a chocolate bar and started teaching Financier how to play.

...

Deep down. Marble Chocolate knew why she was expelled.

𝐴𝑛𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑎 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐶ℎ𝑜𝑐𝑜𝑙𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝑝𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑖𝑐 𝑖𝑠 𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑚𝑦! 𝑊𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑜𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑜𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑢𝑠! 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑜𝑟 𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢!

That was the thing Marble Chocolate was told when she was expelled.

Siri...
When you take over the Crème Republic... I beg you not to kill Financier.

𝐼 𝑤𝑜𝑛'𝑡. 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑚𝑒.

Marble Chocolate cracked a smile as Financier groaned in frustration. She lost the match...

~With Clotted Cream~
During the times his chains vanished, Clotted Cream blocked the door with the chairs, preventing anyone from entering. Siri was made to avoid going inside out of fear he would get violent again and do worst next time. Clotted Cream could finally rest...
He could die now...
He wanted to die. And no one could stop him now. But, it was painful trying to starve to death. At least the chains around him which drained energy seemed to make the process faster.

This... This is all for the Crème Republic's sake.

He told himself.
Yes...

He could lie to himself. Tell himself he was forcefully starved. Tell himself all that. Convince himself that the Crème Republic was better..!

It was midnight.

The grand clock in the room told him so. The moonlight shown through the window as the curtains fluttered oh so gently. Clotted Cream rested on the floor. He could go to the bed to sleep, as the chains around his legs had unlocked, but he didn't. He couldn't betray them... He couldn't.