Chapter 23: Simple pleasures

It was almost winter. So Siri decided to bring Clotted Cream out to enjoy the autumn weather a bit more before the soon oncoming winter.

Chocolate Marble and Financier tagged along.
As the group walked through the forest and sea of fallen leaves and branches.

"Woah... I haven't seen a forest this big before..."
Clotted Cream remarked in awe while Financier was equally as captivated as him.

"Mhm...Yes. Now let's split up,"
"You thinking of getting cheesy aren't you?"
"What? Of course not Chocolate Marble,"
"Siri...Your voice is trembling! Haha!"
"Uhh...Let's just go,"
Siri said before dragging Clotted Cream away.

"Uh...So what are we going to do?"
"I don't know...Maybe just hang around..?"

So that was what they did.

Clotted Cream held Siri's hand tightly as they wandered through the forest, the leaves beneath them crunching as they moved forward.

It was so pretty there.

"Waffle,"
"Yes Siri?"
"I want to dance again,"
Siri said as they stood up a bit.
"Huh..? Here?"
"Yeah. It's so pretty..."

Siri said as they placed a hand on their lip.
Clotted Cream bit his own lip but nodded as he took Siri hand.
They moved about a little more slowly now, so as not to crush to many leaves. Siri twirled about as Clotted Cream helped to skin them around, soon dipping them as Siri's back grazes the leaves ever so slightly as Clotted Cream pulled them back up before dipping them other side too.
He place his hands on their waist as he gently lifted them into the air, where Siri sort of spun back, almost like a back flip as Clotted Cream spun back to face Siri as he twirled them around again.

The leaves continued to fall, complimenting this performance as Siri got Clotted Cream to throw them into the air.
"Isn't this a little dangerous?"
"If I could do it once, I can do it twice,"
Siri seemed so sure, so Clotted Cream tossed them into the air before Siri landed shortly on the other side before running back to Clotted Cream who spun them around once more.

They held hands tightly, spinning around in the sea of leaves as Clotted Cream faced Siri.

"Mhm...That was fun. We must do this every season,"
"I agree wholeheartedly,"
"..."
"I adore you...Clotted Cream,"
"Why I adore you just as much, Siri,"

Clotted Cream answered softly as the two stopped for a moment, standing in the pile of leaves.

And...

Siri planted a kiss on Clotted Cream's lips.

Meanwhile, Financier and Marble Chocolate were stalking the two.
"Can we do that one day Financier?"
"Sure I guess,"
"Now?"
"No,"
"Why not..."
"Not now. Haha,"

Siri and Clotted Cream stopped for a moment, taking a breath.

"Mhm...Marble Chocolate. Stop watching this instant."
"E-Eek! How did you see me?"
"I could see your ahoge sticking out, you dum dum,"
"Oi! Don't call me that..."
"Haha!"

The group laughed together before heading back.

"So...Could you two at least now do that in public? It's awkward..."
"Suffer then,"
"Siri! Your so mean..."

Siri giggled as Marble Chocolate pouted, leaning on Financier as Financier carried her through the forest, getting ready to leave.

Clotted Cream felt a little flustered honestly speaking. Siri had a smug grin on their face.
The group left the forest, the leaves falling down slowly, almost saying goodbye.

~Little bonus for Marble Chocolate and Financier~
"Financier...Can we kiss already?"
"No,"
"Why nottttt,"
Chocolate Marble somewhat whined. Well true enough, the two's relationship only started a couple weeks ago...But...Wouldn't you be jealous of your friend, already has a boyfriend who they do lovely dovey stuff with?
"Mhm...Fine,"
"Really?"
"Mhm-mhm,"
Financier took a breath before continuing.
"Siri. Suggest something please,"
"Okay. Pocky game. Your so bite on each end of the pocky, eat eat eat...Then if it's a tie, you kiss,"
"Wah? Okay then,"

To be continued in next chapter cause cliffhangers go burr