𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠,

────────────────────

Promise is a big word.
It either makes something
Or breaks everything.

───────────────────

─────────────────────

2002

The promise,

The dimly lit room was surrounded by candles, fiery candles that waved brightly. The moon shuns brightly, cracking through the velvet curtains. A woman holding a necklace, golden, a gold key attached to the end of it.

Holding it close to her chest, taking in a heavy sigh, a tiny tear formed in the corner of her hazel eyes. Brunette curly hair, long enough to reach her waistline, laid in a beautiful face that held the luscious locks.

Her name was Sofia,

The door gently opened, revealing a vampire, dark blonde curly hair, sharp delicate cheekbones, emerald soft eyes, as he laid eyes upon the woman.

"Sofia?" The vampire inquired, stepping towards the woman.

"You're here," Sofia stressed, quickly walking over to the door, and tightly closing it.

"Of course, you seemed stressed?" The man worried as Sofia nodded.

"I don't have much time, but my enemies are closer than I excepted," Sofia glanced at the curtains, wiping the tear from her glistening eye.

The vampire's eyes widened, fingers trailing through his hair, as Sofia frowned at him.

"You've been a most wonderful, kind, trusting Conrad, this is why I called for you," Sofia held up the necklace, as it dangled down from her bony hand.

"Trusting me with this? Why?" The vampire was confused,

"I need... I require you to make a promise," Sofia asked rapidly, placing her hand on his shoulder.

"Promise me, that you'll protect my daughter, as I say my final goodbye tonight," Sofia sniffled,

"Until the time is right," Sofia pleaded,

The vampire stood stiffly still, looking down at the woman, the woman who had shown him friendships, compassion, and kindness.

"I promise, Sofia," He spoke, the words lingering off his tongue, ever lasting promise was formed.

Sofia smiled, hoping her daughter would be safe, the slightest hope in her heart, as she kept the necklace in safety in her hand.

Sofia held his hand, as she chanted softly, a gentle glow formed from her, as the vampire felt an aura wrap around him, capturing him inside the promise,

"With this promise-" Sofia notices a dark glow within her magic, dark magic was interrupted the promise bond, as Sofia quickly let go.

"Dark magic, he's here," Sofia worried, as the vampire placed his hand upon her wrist, pulling him towards her,

"Sofia, I promise you, I will protect you and her," The vampire tore up, Sofia gently wiping off the watery liquid.

"I know you will, friend," Sofia's last words spoke gently,

─────────────────────