043. 𝗆𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖾𝗏𝗂𝗅

ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚
DEAREST DARLING •
CHAPTER FOURTY-THREE—
Me and the Devil

 。˚ • DEAREST DARLING •CHAPTER FOURTY-THREE—Me and the Devil

───────────────

Klaus sat beside Evangeline's bed, watching her as she slept soundly. He lightly brushed her hair away from her face, tucking it behind her ear. His fingertips lingered on her smooth skin, tracing her jawline and her eyelids as he looked upon her with love and admiration.

He felt a warmth in his heart as he looked at her, and he knew that he would do anything to make sure she was safe and happy. He was overcome with a sense of peace as he watched her sleep, and he felt a deep connection to her that he had never felt before.

Suddenly, Evangelina awoke in a state of panic, breathing quickly and shallowly. "Leonardo," Evangelina panicked, her body shaking frantically as her eyes laid on Klaus.

"It's okay, it's okay," Klaus tried to calm her, placing his arms upon her shoulders.

Evangelina's eyes glossed with emotion, uncontrollably weeping as she threw her arms around his neck.

"Evangelina," Klaus whispered next to her.

Klaus could feel her chest heaving as she tried to take deep breaths to steady her nerves, but to no avail. He pulled her closer to him, his hands gently rubbing circles on her back and he whispered softly in her ear, "It's okay, Evangelina. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere."

He felt her body relax ever so slightly and he continued to whisper words of comfort and reassurance, until finally she stopped shaking. He pulled away and cupped her face in his hands, wiping away her tears with the pads of his thumbs.

"Evangeline, you don't need to be afraid anymore. I'm here and I'm not going anywhere," he said, his voice full of compassion and understanding.

Evangeline looked up into his eyes and nodded, her lips trembling. She leaned forward and rested her forehead against his, her eyes closed as she breathed in his scent. She felt a wave of comfort wash over her and she felt her muscles relax completely.

Evangelina breathed softly, "thank you," Evangelina whispered to him, closing her eyes as she gulped.

"You saved me?" Evangelina asked him, her eyes looking up as she moved back.

Klaus kept his hand upon her cheek, "why? You didn't think I wouldn't come?" Klaus smiles at her.

Evangelina shook her head, "I was hoping you'd come," Evangelina told him.