030. 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗌𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗁𝗂𝗆

ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚
DEAREST DARLING •
CHAPTER THIRTY—
Missing him

 。˚ • DEAREST DARLING •CHAPTER THIRTY—Missing him

───────────────

Klaus held Evangelina in his arms, she was still and tired. her eyes carefully closed, as her head was buried into his chest as she slept tightly. Klaus opened the door to her room, after entering her house.

His eyes softened at her bedroom, it was quite homey. Fairy lights strung everywhere, with books stacked upon each other. Colourful plants and drawings all over the walls as a comic collection was placed next to her bed.

Klaus placed her onto the bed, her body falling straight onto it lightly. Klaus sat down, as he tucked her in softly with making sure she was warm. Turning on the dimly lit fairy lights that covered her bed, as he could now see much more clearly.

Placing a fluffy blanket over her, her nose nuzzling against it as her arms took it lightly.

Klaus stood up, as he looked around a little. Nosey much.

Seeing all the pictures stuck onto the wall, loads of her with friends but not much of family. he noticed especially a boy and girl occurring in the photos, as names had been written onto the photos.

"Kayla? Leonardo?" Klaus raised an eyebrow, taking the picture off the wall as he curiously saw them.

Klaus put it back, placing his hands in his pockets as he tried to remain quiet. His eye catching a small box, the one he gave as Alaric for her birthday, she never opened it.

Klaus took it in his hand, walking over to the bedside table and placed it next to her. Taking out a pen and small piece of paper from his pocket, he drew a picture of something she loved.

After the many midnights conversations, he'd figured he knew a lot about her.

Tracing gently, his eyes looked back and forward at the girl. Making sure she didn't awake, smiling to himself as he folded the paper together and tied it to the gift box.

"Goodnight, Evangelina, I'll see you soon," Klaus whispered, his eyes memorising her face.

His hand nervously touched a piece of a curly strand, tucking it behind her pale ear. Sighing, standing up as he turned off the lights in her room.

And making his life so much harder.

──────────────────────