040. 𝗀𝖺𝖻𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗅

ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚
DEAREST DARLING •
CHAPTER FOURTY—
Gabriel

 。˚ • DEAREST DARLING •CHAPTER FOURTY—Gabriel

───────────────

The sound of the gunshot echoed off the walls, followed by the sound of Jax's body taking its last breath.

Evangelina sat beside Kayla's bed, her gaze never leaving her friend's still form. She had been like this for hours and it was tearing Evangelina apart. She reached out and gently brushed a strand of hair from Kayla's forehead, her heart aching at the sight of her friend lying there so helplessly.

The room was dimly lit and smelled of incense, which Evangelina had lit to help soothe her nerves. She moved around the room, her eyes constantly fixed on the bed where Kayla lay. Her heart raced as she thought of all the possibilities that awaited her friend. Would she wake up with an insatiable thirst for blood? Would her eyes be glowing red? Would she be a different person?

A faint knock on the door was gathered, Rebekah walking in as Evangelina rubbed her eyes.

"Come here," Rebekah told her, Evangelina stood up as she embraced Rebekah.

"He's gone," Evangelina closed her eyes as Rebekah stroked her hair, her eyes lingering on Kayla.

Rebekah pulled away, placing her hands onto Evangelina's shoulders.

"I need to warn you, Evie, her transformation was very traumatic," Rebekah informed Evangelina, facing her sternly.

"Her personality and emotions are higher, the grieving part of Jax will turn into depression, will turn into anger," Rebekah says, her voice filled with worrying times.

Evangelina ran a hand through her hair, looking at her best friend.

"I don't know..how she's going to cope," Evangelina spoke worriedly, sadness seeping through her tone.

"Time will tell," Rebekah said, rubbing Evangelina's back as they both left the room.

Rebekah guided Evangelina out of the room, leading into the foyer as she sat down on the sofa.

Placing hands upon her eyes, seething as she had a hatred to whoever did this to her.

To her best friend.

"We're gonna make them pay," Evangelina spoke up, her eyebrows furrowed as Rebekah raised her eyebrow.

"For whoever they've hurt, destroyed, we are going to take it all back," Evangelina admitted.