039. 𝗃𝖺𝗑

ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚
DEAREST DARLING •
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
Jax

 。˚ • DEAREST DARLING •CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE —Jax

───────────────

Evangelina tossed and turned in her bed, the sheets becoming a tangled mess around her. She had been trying to sleep for hours, but her mind just wouldn't shut off. She felt like there were too many thoughts racing through her head, and each one kept her from finding a peaceful sleep.

No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't relax.

She kept hearing noises in the darkness, causing her heart to race as she wondered what was lurking in the shadows. She clutched her pillow tightly, her breathing becoming shallow and erratic.

Evangelina rubbed her eyes, wanting to check up on Kayla, as they had an early morning to catch.

Evangelina knocked onto Kayla's door softly, opening it up.

"Kayla?" Evangelina whispered, peeping her head through as she noticed no response.

Opening the door fully, Kayla, was not there.

She quickly checked the closet and under the bed, but there was no sign of Kayla. As panic started to set in, she rushed to the window and looked out.

Her heart sank when she saw that the window was open and the curtains were blowing in the breeze.

Evangelina burst through the door of Klaus's bedroom and ran across the room to his bed. She was out of breath and her face was red with exertion. She stopped at the side of the bed and looked down at Klaus, who was fast asleep.

Evangelina shakes him, as he wakes up in a state of confusion.

"Evie, it's four in the morning," Klaus rubbed his eyes, Evangelina breathed in harshly.

"Kayla's missing, I think she went without us," Evangelina tearfully told him, as Klaus quickly got up from the bed.

─────────────────────

Kayla stepped into the dark and mysterious forest, her heart pounding with nerves. castle hidden deep in the woods, and now she was determined to find it.

She took a deep breath, steeling her nerves, and carefully stepped forward. The trees seemed to whisper secrets, and she could feel the faint whisper of a breeze on her face. She kept her eyes darting from side to side, as she faced what she was looking for.