042. 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾

ཻུ۪۪♡ ͎. 。˚
DEAREST DARLING •
CHAPTER FOURTY-TWO —
The last Chance

 。˚ • DEAREST DARLING •CHAPTER FOURTY-TWO —The last Chance

───────────────

Amaris carried Evangelina carefully in her arms, her long dark hair spilling down her back. She stumbled through the door of the old castle, her heart beating calmly. She had to get Evangelina to a bed quickly; she was barely conscious and her breaths were shallow.

As she hurried down the corridor, a chill ran down her spine and she sensed Gabriel watching her. She glanced over her shoulder and saw him standing in the doorway, a sinister grin on his face. He stepped closer and extended a hand, stroking Evangelina's face gently.

"She looks just like her pathetic mother," Gabriel looked down at the unconscious girl.

"How long until the moon comes full circle?" Amaris asked, walking into an empty bedroom as she placed Evangelina on the bed.

"Tonight," Gabriel breathes in, his smirk arising with excitement.

"And we'll make the new world? A better place for our kind?" Amaris looks at Gabriel, folding her arms as only his eyes looked down at Evangelina.

"Yes, a new world," Gabriel whispered.

─────────────────────

Kayla and Klaus walked together through the dark forest, the faint light of the sun-set shining through the trees. The ground beneath their feet was damp and soft, the leaves and twigs crunched beneath their feet.

The air was thick with the scent of moss and the distant sounds of nocturnal creatures.

Klaus glanced around, trying to keep his eyes peeled for any signs of the old castle. He knew that Evangelina was being kept there, and he was determined to find her.

"Now when we find this place, lay low," Klaus warned Kayla, both of them trailing through as she nodded her head.

Kayla kept her head up high, her senses as becoming a vampire had been increased. It became more and more difficult by the day, trying not to shut that part of her off.

"how are you feeling?" Klaus asked Kayla, glancing up as she awkwardly looked at him.

"I'd really prefer leaving this conversation," Kayla replied, her sentence short and cold as she continued through the forest.

Klaus sighed, "Kayla," Klaus asked once again, her legs stopping in the grass as she looked at him.

"What do you want me to say, Klaus? My fucking dad was shot in the head, cold-blood," Kayla said to him, her voice almost broken.