Broken. Takes One To Know One. Chapter 18 Part 2

Mai's father: Yua sweetheart how are you doing?

Yua:..

Mai's mother: Baby are you okay have we upset you?

Yua: You have another daughter you know? One that might die at any second.

Mai's father: I refuse to acknowledge that thing as my daughter.

Yua: Then I guess our relationship is done.

Mai: Yua...

Mai's mother: What is this? Why are you acting this way?

Yua:...

Mai could only feel happiness in her heart, she wanted to scream out of joy that she finally had someone that had her back no matter what. Even if she failed or succeeded she found someone that would love her either way.

Mai's father: I'm sure this is just a phase of rebellion. She has been perfect her whole life so it's to be expected.

Mai's parents left.

Yua: Disgusting. They didn't even glance at you, it was like you don't exist.

Mai: It's fine, I don't need them, I have you right.

Yua: Yeah and I have you, we don't need them anymore.

Mai: Your operation is tomorrow isn't it.

Yua: Yeah I'm pretty scared but I'm sure I'll be fine.

Timeskip

The day for Yuas operation came quickly. Yua was nowhere to be seen when Mai woke up. Her body felt heavy like she had been asleep for weeks. She looked and saw flowers by Yua's bedside.

Mai: That's weird.

A nurse entered the room.

Nurse: Hello Hazakura san. How are you feeling?

Mai: I'm okay.

Nurse: The transplant was a success, your parents will be very happy.

Mai: Wait sorry what was that?

Nurse: Your kidney transplant went smoothly, no problems whatsoever.

Mai: Miss what happened to Yua?

Nurse: Aren't you Yua?

A face of dread appeared both on the nurses and Mai's face.

Nurse: Your not Yua? Then who are you?

Mai: Mai.

Nurse: You have the same second name?

Mai: we're sisters.

Nurse: Oh no. I-I have to go.

Mai: Wait, where's Yua? My sister.

The nurse stood there motionless.

Nurse:...

She walked out of the room.

Mai: Yua.. where is she?

Mai decided to flex her limbs and test out if she could walk. Surprisingly her body got a bit stronger. She was still heavily malnourished but nothing compared to before. It was then she realised the truth. The nurse talking about a successful transplant her body feeling so heavy like she was unconscious for weeks her body somehow healing? They must have mixed up the two sisters.

Mai: It can't be, no you can't give me a reason to live then just die.

Mai Started walking using her Iv pole to help her keep her balance. She made her way out of the room and could see the nurse briskly walking away. She decided to follow. She finally caught up with her where she was talking to a couple.