Humiliation. Chapter 27.

???: Those stupid village elders. Don't they realise our clan is close to its demise? I need to oversee the training of those kids to prepare them for the upcoming war. I don't have time to be running after fairy tales.

A man was standing at the very same waterfall Qiang Lei and Y/n drowned in. This man had a well built frame and quite a few scars all over his body except his face. Just looking at this man you could tell he had been through his fair share of battles.

 Just looking at this man you could tell he had been through his fair share of battles

(Ignore the blood)

???: Tch. I've already wasted two precious days waiting, there's nothing here.

The man was about to walk away when he noticed bubbles coming from the pond. The bubbles quickly disappeared and two shadows appeared in the pond getting larger and larger. Until Y/n and Qiang Lei surfaced, their heads facing inwards towards the pond just floating there.

???: I-impossible.. I've been here for two days. Did I really not notice them drowning? No, that's impossible when it comes to awareness nobody has me beat. Meaning that brainless fairytale is true?

The man ventured into the pond and grabbed the two wrapping his arms around their torso and picking them up, the two dangling on his sides. Once he got to the bank of the pond he listened to see if they were still breathing.

???: Seems like they're still alive.

Y/n: *Cough* *cough* Ughh..

Y/n coughed up pieces of water.

???: Oh waking up are we?

Y/n: W-ho.. *cough* *cough* Are you?

???: Xin, Xin Saigai. Who might you be?

Y/n gave off a small chuckle.

Y/n: Wow they weren't lying, you're incredible. I.. *cough* *cough* i can tell.. Just by looking at you.

Xin was kneeling down to Y/n who was laying on the ground. Alarm bells went off in Y/n's head telling him to run. The difference in power was so great it was like a giant towering over Y/n.

Xin: What's your name kid?

Y/n: Y/n.. Y/n Saigai.

Y/n passed out.

Xin: Saigai. I know of no Y/n in the Saigai family. I've never heard of a name like Y/n it almost feels as though he's from a different planet.

Xin let out a little smirk.

Xin: So the brainless fairytale is true. Maybe there is hope for this accursed clan.

Xin carried the two one on each hip as his arms curled around them lifting them into the air. He made his way back to the village.

--

Y/n's pov.

Everything's dark around me but I hear birds chirping making me open my eyes. I realise I'm in an unfamiliar place. I turn my head and notice Kyou Kai to my left. I sit up and survey my surroundings.