II Chapter 8. Village life.

The sound of wooden swords rapidly hitting each other could be heard in the air.

Y/n: RGH!

Kyou Kai:..

The two sticks locked onto each other.

Y/n: You are a bit off today Kyou Kai. I'm guessing you didn't sleep well.

Kyou Kai: Worry about yourself, young master. I'm still capable of beating you with ease.

Kyou Kai repositioned her sword so Y/n's force was directed to the ground making him stumble forward.

Kyou Kai stepped to Y/n's side and gracefully kneed him in the stomach.

Y/n: OUGH!

Gasping for air Y/n rolled away trying to gain some distance from Kyou Kai but when he looked up Kyou Kai was right in front of him applying pressure on him.

Y/n: ^Damn it! She's being relentless, I must have pissed her off.^

*Clack* *Clack* *Clack* *Clack*

Y/n was barely keeping up with Kyou Kai deflecting and blocking all her attacks by millimetres.

Kyou Kai ended her flurry of attacks with a strong one-handed thrust attack.

Y/n blocked it but it unsettled him making him take a few steps back while he was stepping back he realised there was a shadow in the air.

Y/n: The fuck? Where is? The air!

By the time Y/n realised Kyou Kai's sword had hit his neck.

Kyou Kai landed on the ground gracefully with one leg still in the air while Y/n was on the ground coughing uncontrollably from the harsh blow on the neck.

Y/n: *Cough* *Cough* *Cough* A-gain..

Y/n said in a raspy voice.

Oichi who was watching this shook her head, disappointed in the two's behaviour.

Oichi: ^This is the one-time Y/n has the upperhand, his lack of sleep hasn't affected his combat. He's actually more aggressive, I wonder if that is because he senses Kyou Kai isn't at a hundred percent.^

Y/n: ^Today I'm getting a hit on you Kyou Kai.^

The two were in their stances getting ready to go again.

Oichi: Begin!

Y/n dashed towards Kyou Kai and bombarded Kyou Kai with a flurry of attacks.

Y/n: ^She's tired meaning her reaction speed and attention to detail are limited so to take full advantage of this I'll overload her senses.^

Kyou Kai effortlessly blocked all of his attacks.

Y/n ended his flurry with a strong horizontal slash and then proceeded to kick Kyou Kai. she planted her feet on the ground and blocked, the excess force sending her sliding across the dojo.

Y/n didn't stop there and threw his stick at Kyou Kai like a boomerang.

Kyou Kai:!!

Wide-eyed Kyou Kai knocked his stick to the side but underneath her chin was Y/n's fist slowly coming up.

Y/n's fist connected to Kyou Kai's chin... Well, that's what it looked like.

Y/n: ^Nice! I got a hit! No.. There's not enough resistance, is she BACKFLIPPING?!^

Kyou Kai was flipping backwards in the direction of Y/n's blow and leaving Y/n's fist that was briefly touching Kyou Kai to hit nothing but the air.