The trip to England. Chapter 20.

Y/n: Helloo!! Besto friendo!

Origami: Stop calling me that.

Y/n and Origami were currently on a plane on their way to England.

Y/n: Sooo you are the new recruit they were talking about. It'll be a pleasure to work with you.

Origami: Please only talk with me when necessary.

Y/n: Aww come on don't be like that. We have the same objective, we can relate to each other.

Origami merely groaned at Y/n. Y/n stopped being playful and returned to his normal self.

Y/n: Tell me. Why did you join DEM? This isn't a place for people like you.

Origami: What makes you think I don't belong here. I am capable of killing spirits too.

Y/n: I'm not saying you aren't. People like you aren't meant to kill people. I should also let you know I'll be the one to slay the phantom, not you.

Origami: There would be no point in me starting this journey of revenge if you killed her. My life's sole purpose is to kill her and all the spirits. Including you.

Y/n: Revenge is like a drug. It soothes the pain temporarily and sometimes it can damage you further if you indulge in it too much. I'm sure you think there's nothing left to damage but there is I still see hope in your almost dull eyes.

Origami: So why are you seeking revenge if it's such a bad thing?

Y/n: That woman wants to use me for some goal she has. She gave me these powers for a reason. I doubt she's so kind as to give powers freely she'll come back and when she does I don't want her to take anymore from me. She already took too much from Hikari.

Origami: WAIT! Repeat what you just said.

Y/n: Yeah I meant to tell you before but got distracted. Hikari is a spirit her parents died in a similar way to mine and yours.

Origami's blood boiled. She bawled up her fists so tight her knuckles turned white. Y/n noticed this and placed his hand on Origami's shoulder to try to calm her down.

Y/n: We shouldn't have to live in fear that one day our loved ones will be taken away from us at the snap of someone else's fingers. I fight because of that reason obviously revenge is a big part of it but if I had a choice I would stop it all.

Origami: Is she safe? The AST and DEM can detect spirit waves that spirits emit effortlessly.

Y/n: Don't worry, me and Hikari are special. We are sealed. So we don't emit spirit waves like the others. They have to consciously suppress them but since we are sealed we don't have that type of problem.

Origami: Sealed?

Y/n: All Spirits can be sealed. I'm sure you know by now but Shido is able to seal spirits. Somehow he sealed his sister, Tohka and Kaguya. It's a bit different when it comes to me and Hikari. When we turned into spirits we were sealed from the word go most likely so our power doesn't crush us for some reason it takes time for our bodies to get used to the sephira crystals. Once we fully awaken we'll be like any other spirit but much much more powerful. If you ever go up against the spirits around Shido just know that they are now considerably weaker thanks to him sealing them. Of course that may change if they are in a pinch. I'm not sure but I think he has the power to give them back their power too which would help them if they are in danger.

Origami stood there in awe her own cousin was a spirit and she was clueless about it and shido had now been sealing spirits to keep them safe? This all didn't make sense but she knew it was true. Why would he of all people lie? What could he gain by lying?