𝟐.𝟑 ― ❛ 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 ❜

𝑇𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝐷𝑒𝑎𝑡ℎ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
✧.*𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑅𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁✧.*

❝𝑁𝑜, 𝑛𝑜, 𝑛𝑜, 𝑛𝑜, 𝑛𝑜, 𝑛𝑜,❞▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

❝𝗜 𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗗 𝗢𝗙 𝗙𝗘𝗘𝗟 𝗕𝗔𝗗,❞ Luna told Natasha as they sat down at a wooden table, holding white coffee cups. The redhead furrowed her eyebrows at the blonde, confused. "I feel bad about lying to Steve about our mission."

     "Well, that's our job, Luna. We're SHIELD Agents." Natasha reassured her in a soft voice, not wanting to catch anyone's attention.

     "I know but . . . it's different now."

     "Yeah, sure. It's totally "different.""

     "It is different. I was retired from SHIELD, and now I'm back, and he's my friend like you are, and I don't like lying to friends."

     Natasha took a sip of her coffee before saying, "Well if you feel so bad, why don't you go to his apartment and apologize? I can drive you there."

     "As much as I feel bad, I just sat down." Luna leaned back in her chair, taking a sip of her still-warm coffee. Natasha rolled her eyes at the blonde. "But, if you're offering to drive me there, then sure."

     Luna's phone rang as she stood up from her chair. She slid her phone from her back pocket and checked the caller ID. The phone read Unknown. She furrowed her eyebrows at the screen before declining the call.

     "Who―" Natasha was interrupted by the sound of her phone. She pulled out her phone and slid her thumb across the screen. She brought the phone to her ear, giving Luna a puzzled look.

     "Who is this?" The redhead asked over the phone. As the person on the other line spoke, she hummed in response. Her confused expression turned into shock. She stood up from the table, leaving her coffee on the table.

     "Wait! Where are you going?" Luna stood up from the chair, following the redhead. As Natasha was about to enter her car, Luna grabbed her forearm. "What happened?"

     "Somebody shot Fury, and now he's in the hospital," Natasha slipped her arm out of Luna's hold and entered her car, leaving Luna outside. Before Luna joined her friend in the car, She hesitated. When she did enter the car, she was silent. They both were. So. they were left to their thoughts.

𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗡𝗔𝗧𝗔𝗦𝗛𝗔 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔 𝗠𝗔𝗗𝗘 𝗜𝗧 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗟, 𝗣𝗢𝗟𝗜𝗖𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗥𝗦 𝗦𝗨𝗥𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗨𝗜𝗟𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚, blinking blue lights covering the building. The woman ran into the building, running toward the observation room.