𝟑.𝟕 ― ❛ 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐚 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐟𝐟 ❜

𝐵𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑔, 𝑆𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔,
𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑁𝑎𝑡𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑎 𝑅𝑜𝑚𝑎𝑛𝑜𝑓𝑓
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
✧.*𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑌-𝑁𝐼𝑁𝐸✧.*

❝𝐻𝑜𝑤 𝑑𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑓𝑎𝑢𝑙𝑡?❞▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑖𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑚𝑦 𝑓𝑎𝑢𝑙𝑡?
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔 𝗟𝗔𝗬 𝗢𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗕𝗘𝗗 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗢𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗜𝗡 𝗛𝗘𝗥 𝗥𝗢𝗢𝗠, so she sat up from her bed and changed her clothes, deciding to do what she always did when she was irritated or mad—go to the gym. Somehow the best way for Luna to get rid of her aggression was to hit something—preferably a punching bag. Out of all the emotions, rage was the one she couldn't whelve into a bottle, and hope would hold for a while.

     The brunette walked inside the gym and felt a slight breeze, causing her body to shiver. She looked around for the punching bags until she saw four hanging from the wall to the left of the gymnasium. She took a roll of bandages from her pocket that she had taken before she left her room. She wrapped them around her fists to protect them from the impact of the punching bag.

      She got into stance and took a deep breath before punching the bag repeatedly, grunting with each hit. Her anger slowly drained from her body with each strike of the punching bag. But she also started to lose herself in her thoughts.

2002

"𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗡𝗘𝗘𝗗 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗔𝗞𝗘 𝗔 𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞," Laura demanded angrily.

      Luna scoffed as she paced around her bedroom, holding her phone up to her face. Why couldn't Laura understand Luna wanted to join SHIELD for herself? Not because she wanted her parents' attention, however, Laura would most certainly disagree. "I don't need a break. You just need to mind your business." The brunette argued.

     "So being concerned for my baby sister is me, not minding my business, now?" Laura asked, tilting her head.

     "Yes."

     "Fuck you, Luna." Laura fumed, verklempt. "I care about you. And I don't want you to get hurt or worse because you want mom and dad to pay attention to you!"

     "I don't need you to care about me!" Luna yelled. "I'm an adult!"

     "You're nineteen!"

     "What difference does that make? You're only one year older than me, and you're already married to a man who's like two times your age!"

     "Mark has nothing to do with this, Luna, and besides, I love him."

     "Mark," Luna drug out his sister's husband's name, "is forty-five. That's a twenty-five-year-old difference."