Chapter 33

Two days later....Sunday

Davina's pov

"Come on kids let's do some crafts" I say to the group of kids in front of me "yeah!" they shout before heading for the arts and crafts room.

Today I am at the children's hospital spending time with some of the sick kids who are getting treatment.

I do arts and crafts with the kids and I also sometimes participate in music time. The kids love music time and they love arts and crafts because they like to get messy.

"Vina?" A small voice asks behind me and I look to see Mia, a 4 year old little girl who is battling Leukemia. She's a very sweet girl who loves to read, sing and play dress up, she loves princesses. She's currently wearing a princess hospital gown with princess Belle's face on it, the hospital have themed hospital gowns which I think is rather sweet. Mia is also wearing a bandana on her head as she's lost a lot of hair due to chemo.

"Hey sweetie you okay?" I ask "can I hold your hand?" She asks clutching her Winnie the poor teddy bear "of course you can sweetie" I respond holding my hand out to her and she grabs it and smiles at me making me smile as I lead her to the arts and crafts room.

We reach the room and all the children are already sat at the table "okay today we are painting" a nurse says making them all cheer and they are all given either paper or a blank canvas depending on what they prefer.

"Vina can you sit with me?" Mia asks looking at me with her big grey eyes "of course I can" I respond and I sit down next to her as she has a small canvas set in front of her "so what are you going to paint?" I ask "a pony!" she says excitedly as she bounces in her seat making me giggle.

A light tap on my shoulder makes me turn my attention away from Mia and to Billy the little boy sat beside me, he's wearing a pirate themed hospital gown and even has an eyepatch and a pirate hat on which is so cute "hey there" I say "are you going to paint?" he asks "why yes I am" I respond as a canvas is handed to me.

"What are you going to paint?" he asks making me sigh as I look at my blank canvas "I haven't decided yet. What about you? what are you going to paint?" I ask and he shrugs "blobs" he replies as he dips his paint brush in some blue paint and starts doting blobs on his piece of paper.

I look at my canvas as I pick up a paint brush and purse my lips together before deciding on what to paint and I bring the paint brush to the canvas and begin my work.

...

20 minutes later...

"That is so pretty Vina" Scarlet says as she nudges herself between Billy and me, she's 6 years old and has eye cancer, she's a very bubbly little girl and very optimistic at times. "Thank you Scarlet, what did you paint?" I ask turning to her "my mommy and daddy" she replies holding up a piece of paper with her art work on it.

"That is very good Scarlet" I comment "why's your daddy's head so big?" Billy asks "because mommy says he's got a big head" Scarlet responds making me giggle before there's a knock at the door so I turn and see the receptionist there "Davina there's someone here to see you" she says making me turn to the nurse in the room "go, I can manage" she says motioning to the kids.

"Excuse me children, I'll be right back" I say before getting up and leaving the room, I follow the receptionist to the entrance and stop in my tracks as I see Kol standing there making my eyes widen and I gulp before looking down at myself.

I'm wearing an old black short sleeved t-shirt underneath denim dungarees which are old, rugged and aren't exactly figure hugging and I have blobs of paint on them but I always wear these dungarees when I'm doing arts and crafts with the kids, I have on old white converse and my hair is pulled up into a bun with a red bandana going around my head. I'm wearing no make up and have a spot of paint on my cheeks so needless to say I'm probably not looking very attractive right now.