Chapter 20

Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been meaning too but kept getting distracted.

The next day....

Davina's pov

I'm at the University dance studio, waiting to be called in to do my audition for the showcase.

I'm dressed in my ballet gear which consists of a black leotard, a dusty rose mesh skirt and my ballet pumps which actually belonged to my mother. She gave them to me when she was on her deathbed and this is the first time I'm wearing them.

(Davina's audition outfit)

I glance around at the other girls who are also waiting to audition

I glance around at the other girls who are also waiting to audition. There's over a hundred girls and 50 boys yet there's only 30 places in the showcase which means everyone's on edge and very nervous.

There's a girl across from me who is biting her nails and bouncing her knee up and down. While there's a girl next to me who keeps muttering to herself and there's a girl who is constantly looking at herself in the mirror and reapplying her make up which if you ask me she's wearing a little too much.

The door to the room where the auditions are being held opens and a girl hurries out looking a bit red faced meaning her audition didn't go too well. Soon after a woman walks out in a suit. "Candidate 334 you're up next" she says I instantly gulp as that's me.

"That's me" I say slowly standing uo raising my hand making her look my way "come on in" she says before heading back into the room and I head into the room after her, ignoring everyone's stares.

I glance at the table where the judges are, there's four judges Miss Davis who is a retired ballet dancer who performed in many broadway shows as well as two major ballet shoes in Russia. Then there's Cassie Douglas and her husband Romney Douglas who are star ballet performers, they performed in a ballet production of romeo and juliet, they're also well known figure skaters. And then last but not least there's Tony Macintosh who is a world renowned Broadway screenwriter and he's a famous ballet dancer and ballroom dancer and he is very hard to please.

I get to the centre of the room and turn to face them "name?" Miss Davis asks "Davina Claire" I respond "and what part in the showcase are you auditioning for?" Cassie asks "the solo performance" I respond "would you be comfortable taking part in a duet dance?" Romney asks "yes" I respond trying not to sound nervous.

"How long have you been dancing for?" Miss Davis asks "ever since I was 3 years old. Dancing is in my blood" I respond "I see and what does dance mean to you?" Cassie asks "everything, dance is where I can fully express myself and its something I can have complete control over. Every move I make and every emotion I feel is mine" I respond they nod and write something down.

"When planning the routine for your audition, did you receive help or guidance from a trainer?" Tony asks staring me down "no, I came up with the entire routine myself" I respond making him nod.